cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Themes not applying to contacts or message screens

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This started out of the blue a couple of days ago, all of the themes seem to be affected,  so thinking it must be a problem with my phone. (S9). When applying a theme, the messages and contacts screens remain white. I have tried to clear out the cache and even data from theme store, rebooting and redownloading themes, nothing seems to work. I have a lot of money tied up in these, not to mention it just doesn't look nice or appealing to have the white amongst rest of the theme. Anyone else? I have also had problems with themes and icons not downloading at all, get an error screen.  I have excellent wifi coverage,  so that's not the problem.  Very frustrated right now.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Re: Themes not applying to contacts or message screens

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I think (knock on wood) the problem has been resolved.  I wiped out the cache/partition,  cleared theme store data, along with about every app cache, and restarted my phone. Theme I downloaded after that has applied correctly to every section of the phone.

View solution in original post

20 REPLIES 20
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Have you verified the themes are compatible with the OS you are running?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes, and like I said, one day themes were applying correctly,  literally next day were not. I am wondering if the November security patccb I recently downloaded could have something to do with the issue.

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Happened to me today.  I put my phone Galaxy 8+ into battery saving mode as I'd forgotten to recharge and when I reapplied the icon theme I'd had for over a year... the contact and message icon won't apply. It looks terrible now.  They need to fix this.  It makes some purchased themes useless.  The icons are clearly there in the icon package.

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Has anyone had similar problems before and had success with things like wiping the cache  partition, etc? Deleting theme store data did notjimg to help. I am super frustrated,  had just purchased two new Christmas themes that only work on half my phone. I have S9 with all the latest updates,  using Tmobile.  I am still suspicious that the November security patch is somehow to blame.

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I think (knock on wood) the problem has been resolved.  I wiped out the cache/partition,  cleared theme store data, along with about every app cache, and restarted my phone. Theme I downloaded after that has applied correctly to every section of the phone.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Can you show us how to do it?

@Pann70 wrote:

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Give these steps a try for wiping the cache partition:

1.    Turn off the device.
2.    Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby key, then press and hold the Power key.
3.    When the Android logo displays, release all three keys.
4.    An 'Installing system update' message will show for 30 - 60 seconds before the Android system recovery menu options appear.
5.    Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
6.    Press Power key to select.
7.    Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Power key to select.
8.    When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
9.    Press the Power key to restart the device.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

No one followed up on this so I will.  Wiping cache does not fix the problem with themes.  For me, on a Note 10+, there is nothing I can do to change my messages, phone, or contacts screen from plain black.  Kind of a bummer because when you pay money for a theme, you would expect it to work like the description, not just change your wallpaper and lock screen. 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have a note 10+ and was having this same issue and getting very annoyed,  I read around and as soon as i took my phone off dark mode my themes started working properly.  I hope this helps you out