cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pann70
Asteroid

Themes not applying to contacts or message screens

This started out of the blue a couple of days ago, all of the themes seem to be affected,  so thinking it must be a problem with my phone. (S9). When applying a theme, the messages and contacts screens remain white. I have tried to clear out the cache and even data from theme store, rebooting and redownloading themes, nothing seems to work. I have a lot of money tied up in these, not to mention it just doesn't look nice or appealing to have the white amongst rest of the theme. Anyone else? I have also had problems with themes and icons not downloading at all, get an error screen.  I have excellent wifi coverage,  so that's not the problem.  Very frustrated right now.

3 REPLIES 3
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Themes not applying to contacts or message screens

Have you verified the themes are compatible with the OS you are running?

Highlighted
Pann70
Asteroid

Yes, and like I said, one day themes were applying correctly,  literally next day were not. I am wondering if the November security patccb I recently downloaded could have something to do with the issue.

userBPIqaxtKiS
Astronaut

Happened to me today.  I put my phone Galaxy 8+ into battery saving mode as I'd forgotten to recharge and when I reapplied the icon theme I'd had for over a year... the contact and message icon won't apply. It looks terrible now.  They need to fix this.  It makes some purchased themes useless.  The icons are clearly there in the icon package.