cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: Themes not applying to contacts or message screens

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I had this same problem on my a51, it worked fine after I turned dark mode off now the themes work great 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I'm glad I found this thread with the same issues because I was getting so frustrated! I didn't even noticed it stopped working after I turned my phone to Dark Mode. I assumed it was from one of the many updates I had, but I cam confirm going from Dark Mode to Light Mode made the themes apply to the Contacts, Messages, and Keypad.
Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I was having the same issues and took my phone off of dark mode, suggested earlier in this thread, and it solved my issues completely!  I have a Samsung Galaxy A11 for clarification.  Everyone should try this first before attempting more complicated solutions.  Thanks whom ever suggested the dark mode off idea it was the solution for me! 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Guys, try leaving Dark Mode. Earlier this year I noticed that switching on dark mode cancels the themes' effect on the messaging app (the stock one, obviously) and the call/contacts screen.

It just fixed the problem for me after I went as far as performing a factory reset today. Then I remembered what happened earlier this year and simply went back to light mode and voila!! Problem fixed!! I must've switched dark mode on, forgetting it cancels the themes' effect.

Hope this helps.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Themes will not work on dark mode. If phone is on regular mode it will show theme everywhere.... Thanks