cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Astronaut

This is why I will never buy Samsung again.

On September 16, 2020 I tried to file a claim for a cracked screen repair online. Firstly, I purchased the Samaung Galaxy 9 Pad for a small business that required travel and access for graphic design software. So the size and convenience was prefered. It was too much price wise but I still purchased the pad because I have purchased Samsung products in the past that far exceeded my expectations as far as customer support and lifetime of the product lasting forever. This time, I had a cracked screen and purchased the extended warranty from Walmart. I contacted walmart and they referred me to the Samsung website for repairs. I was informed on that site that due to Covid 19 that there was no repair persons available for walk-in repairs and that mail in would have to used. Reluctantly, I followed prompts and when asked for my credit card number I closed it down. I then tried to use mail in which started out okay but went no where since they want a credit card number before I can even ship it in for repair. I am totally dependent on my pad for my business since its convenience with size. I paid $250 $230 for pad plus another $30 for the extended warranty through Walmart. For this pad I do not understand why I have to pay again for repairs. The person I spoke to (Serena)  basically told me to deal with the cracked screen the Samsung warranty lapsed and turn it into Walmart and get it fixed that way. Im not sure what the support person was using to look my info up but if it had a cracked screen I highly doubt she'd be employed long. So I now know that if I want my screen fixed I have to pay more for the repair than  I paid for the pad brand new. So I was also told Id have to give them my Credit card information, mail in my pad and that theyd bill the card upon completion of the repair. That is a trap since once I completed this claim theyd not only have my credit card info, my pad I would HAVE no choice but pay for repairs.  I highly discourage everyone to stay from Samsung period. 

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: This is why I will never buy Samsung again.

@Samsung_RxDTWfA wrote:

... This time, I had a cracked screen and purchased the extended warranty from Walmart. I contacted walmart and they referred me to the Samsung website for repairs. 

Sounds frustrating. If you bought the extended warranty from Walmart, it would make sense that Walmart would take care of it. If I were you, I would be following up with Walmart. 

Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Re: This is why I will never buy Samsung again.

extended you was Walmarts warranty not samsungs. thats one thing people don't understand. that warranty u buy at the store. that warranty is honored by that store. walmart owes u the repair or replacement not samsung. if you wanted extended warranty with samsung. u have to go thru samsung.
Highlighted
Asteroid

Have you tried Samsung Twitter / FB  accounts ?  Include link to this thread so they know how you were treated, twit and post on FB to them everyday .

Good luck.

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

i don't think you know exactly how warranty works! always read when you buy an extended warranty, from anywhere, if walmart offered you so then you should see any type of receipt and see if their warranty covers a cracked screen. samsungs warranty ( included on any new device )only covers hardware like errors.