cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

This is why ios is better

The lack of optimization here is so sad, makes me rather use an iphone. I just dont understand why a phone that isnt even that old, not outdated, has a fast processor is performing this way. A galaxy S9 that has maybe been used for a year with light usage, and 40GB available on average is really disappointing. Shows how much Samsung cares about their flagships when the new one comes out(aka S10) I talked to a representative and they "tried" to help but instead said take it to a store because there must be something run with the hardware but no, they eventually just said that one ui 2.0 will be better. So on the final 2 year update support itll be better? I have high doubts. Prove me wrong.

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: This is why ios is better

Well your not paying much for a galaxy phone but iphone you must sell your phone to buy one and they dont have any special feature that samsung offers

Highlighted
Astronaut

Agreed

Highlighted
Astronaut

Becuase its apple

Highlighted
Asteroid

Is it though?

Highlighted
Asteroid

Or could it be that the software just isnt as good because samsung doesnt try?

Samsung Care Ambassador

Hey, 

@zachjf2021

I have the galaxy S9 and pre-ordered the 64 gb model. I have used around 26% of the storage space or 16 gbs. The all inclusive other apps is using 10 gbs of the total 64 gb. Photos, videos, music files etc are also using a few hundred mbs of internal storage space. That leaves my available storage space at 47.3 gb. Doesn't seem to far off from what you're averaging. Unless of course you have the 128 or 256 gb model.

I've heard rumors that Android 10 includes some improvements to android run time and garage collection so we might get better storage management. 

Best regards, 

CLF

T-mobile

Galaxy S9 SM-G960U 

G960USQS7CSK3

Security Patch Level

December 1st , 2019

Highlighted
Asteroid

Yeah I hope so