cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cosmic Ray

TimeZoneDataQ "Solutions" Do Not Work on S9+

When attempting to update TimeZoneDataQ application in Galaxy Store, the app install fails saying it is already installed on your phone and to uninstall it from your device to install this version.  It also says Auto update is not supported for this app.  

I have tried offered solutions with no luck as there is no app of the same name to uninstall. If you uninstall the wrong Time Zone data app it can wreak havoc as it did with me and cause problems with notifications of old messages etc. Coming in, losing network connections and continued network issues corrupting the cache of various carrier apps. I reached out to my carrier who said this is not an acceptable solution by Samsung to fix this issue because of this very reason. They've seen many users of the S9+ and S9 saying the same thing. 

Hoping an app update is pushed to fix this. Is there another solution available besides the ones already mentioned that just do not work? 
- Ibuddy66
11 REPLIES 11
Astronaut

Re: TimeZoneDataQ "Solutions" Do Not Work on S9+

same here with the S10+. Frustrating
Nebula

go to setting> apps > search for time zone and force stop then Uninstall > go back and update
Constellation

Re: Re: TimeZoneDataQ "Solutions" Do Not Work on S9+

does this work because I don't want to mess up my phone honestly can't afford a new one
Cosmic Ray

Re: Re: Re: TimeZoneDataQ "Solutions" Do Not Work on S9+

not for me. messed up my phone royally.
- Ibuddy66
Astronaut

it worked for me
Nebula

yes it works
Nebula

can you please let me know if it worked for you
Cosmic Ray

did not work for me. caused severe issues with device and network connections.
- Ibuddy66
Constellation

Go to All Apps in Settings, then select one of the 2 Time Zone apps. You can uninstall one of them. Once that is done, update the new one using the Galaxy Store app.