cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Touch Screen Sensitivity

I've been complaining to Samsung since I've had the S8 and now S9 about needing to be able and adjust the sensitivity of the screen and still nothing. Almost anyone can use my phone and it responds to their touch ok but not me, I had a S5 this way but it had an adjustment which I set to max and it was great but I can't do that with my S9. Who else has this problem and what, if anything... have youve done?

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Product Expert

Re: Touch Screen Sensitivity

Hello!

You can do some adjustments on your device to increase the touch sensitivity. Sometimes after putting on certain screen protectors you do have to make some adjustments to increase sensitivity. Not sure if that applies to your case but at any rate you can definitely make some changes. Heres how:

Step 1: Open up your settings app

Step 2: Tap Advanced features

Step  3: Scroll down and toggle on the touch sensitivity option. 

Hope this helps!

Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

Hey, 

@Floorit65

Yeah they move things around sometimes. On my S9 it's in system settings, display settings, titled Touch Sensitivity.

Nice Ram,

CLF 

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

I don't have a screen protector but I have already turned on the touch sensitivity option for having a screen protector and I've adjusted the pointer speed to full fast and still I have to touch almost everything 2 to 3 times to get a response. Now with this junk android 10 software it's a little worse and all other kinds of problems.

Highlighted
Product Expert

@Floorit65 hey sorry to hear your s9 is experiencing that!. i have the s9+ and its an amazing phone

i might have a solution for you. this link explains the steps needed to locate whats causing the unresponsiveness! a soft reset is going to be done and safe mode, it will point out any defect in an an app possibly or software.

https://thedroidguy.com/how-to-fix-galaxy-s9-touchscreen-sensitivity-problem-touchscreen-has-delayed...

Hope this helps!

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Been there done that, again my daughter, my son, my mom and just about anyone else can use my phone and the touch screen works fine for them but whether it's my thick skinned fingers or what IDK but it just doesn't sense my touch very well. What I don't understand is that there is a adjustment for the screen brightness and for volume of listening to a call or music because not everyone has the same eyesight or hearing so why would it be any different for people's skin and the touch screen.

Highlighted

I do construction (drywall hanging/finishing) and my hands and fingers tend to get dry and rough. If you have callouses on your fingers it can affect the response of the touchscreen. As a result, I've gotten used to using my little finger most of the time. I never use screen protectors and always have the increased sensitivity option on, as well.