cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Touchscreen bleeding

Hi All,

I own a Samsung Galaxy s9+.  Recently, I have noticed whenever I have a white background screen, I see a faint image behind it of my homescreen with the icons and Google search window bleeding through my touchscreen.

When I have a dark background screen, I do not see any bleeding.

Has anyone out there experienced this issue?

Thanks!

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Nebula

Re: Touchscreen bleeding

most issues with color bleeding are caused from extreme treatment. Usually long durations of Sunlight exposure or leaving the device near other electronics that have Magnets in them. Do you set your phone by your desktop at work or near your alarm clock by bedside or any other thing you could think of?? Narrowing down the cause might be as easy as tracing your steps of where and how you use the phone
Highlighted
Constellation

Thanks for the response. Never leave my phone in tbe sun. I do have it turned on and placed on my pc desk only a few inches in front of my pc. Do this for about 2 hrs each morning while on the pc. Also charge the phone in same area each night but both phone and pc are turned off.

Highlighted
Nebula

Magnets have a long history of not only causing screen issues but totally wiping data in electronics. Though the use of magnets has gotten smaller and smaller , they are still present in most devices. placing one near another causes one to eventually pull harder than the other and literally pulls at anything in between the magnetic wave. It takes around 10 minutes to ruin a tv screen so you can imagine leaving a phone near the laptop and the laptops speakers having a magnet behind them constantly pulling at the phone. That might be the reason for the slight warp but not total warping of the display. Visually you wouldn't notice as much through one contrast to the next on the phone but going from dark wallpapers to light ones it's become noticeable. Most likely if it's the cause you will need a new screen though.
Highlighted
Nebula

there is also the issue of burning which might be the cause also. a screen with bright white on it will literally burn its image into screens. Theyve attempted to fix this issue with screens like computers and TVs by introducing screensavers and newer phones by offering a screensaver setting. bright screensavers are still a No No though unless it remains moving around the screen but generally you want to stay away from any and all screensavers when the device is not in use. the bleeding you see might actually be an image of a screen page that was left unattended for too long physically burning its image into your phones screen
Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

That is classic screen burn-in. It occurs when running the screen for long periods of time with high brightness. 

The S9+ I traded in for my Note 20 Ultra had it also. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Screen_burn-in

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Agreed that it's screen burn-in. Common problem with OLED screens in general. Nothing to do with magnets or being in the sun.
Highlighted
Constellation

So, is there a solution to this or a way in which you can reduce the effects of the screen burn? Will it become more noticeable over time?

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Re: Re: Touchscreen bleeding

Nope.

Once it's there, it's there for good. I have an S8 with burn-in that's hardly used anymore - screen off for weeks before I might turn it on. It was my oldest son's phone before he upgraded and the phone is now relegated to "house" phone - the number we give out when a home phone number is needed, but we ignore. He used to play this one game for hours and doing so burned in some of the stationary screen icons. The ghost of those icons are still easily seen with any uniform background to this day.

It doesn't get worse unless the offending images stay there and you keep using the phone like that.