cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Two Notification Sounds

JUMP TO SOLUTION

For the last few days my Samsung Galaxy S9+ has been playing two notification sounds each time I receive a notification. I have a different notification tone for each app (I only have notifications set up for Textra, WhatsApp, Messenger and Snapchat) which is played and then a second later it then plays the default sound which is a beep! It only happens when the phone is locked and not when I'm using it.

It is driving me crazy, does anyone have any ideas? 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: Two Notification Sounds

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi there,

I just put the phone into safe mode but the apps I use are disabled in safe mode however (!!), I have left safe mode and the problem is fixed!

It's been driving me crazy so thank you so much! I didn't even know there was a safe mode!

All the best 👍 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I would like to look into this issue further for you. Let's look at a couple of things first.

Have you made sure your phone is up to date on its software?

Does it behave the same way when your phone is in safe mode?

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi there,

I just put the phone into safe mode but the apps I use are disabled in safe mode however (!!), I have left safe mode and the problem is fixed!

It's been driving me crazy so thank you so much! I didn't even know there was a safe mode!

All the best 👍 

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So after 6 or so hours of the notifications behaving, it has started again. If you still have any suggestions I would be grateful to hear them.

Thanks again.