cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
useroHqr4Uq2I5
Constellation

URGENT FIX REQUIRED: Performance degraded with 1st August 2019 Android version 9 update.

Hi Samsung Support Team,

I updated my Samsung S9, running Android version 9, with latest released update dated 1st Aug 2019.

And, since then below are listed issues experienced:

1. IMS Service Keeps Stopping

2. The response of actions is very slow.

3. High Battery consumption. 100% battery lasts only for 30mins. 

4. Slow charging of battery.

5. Call disconnections

6. IVR systems not detecting Keyad entries

For all of the above,  i have already attempted a "Factory Reset", however all of the above issues still exists.

Requesting a solution ASAP.

18 REPLIES 18
GrahamR
Asteroid

Re: URGENT FIX REQUIRED: Performance degraded with 1st August 2019 Android version 9 update.

I also am now getting the dreaded 'IMS Service Keeps Stopping' message directly after installed the latest updates this morning 7th Sep 2019 on my Galaxy S9 Plus.

I have tried all the suggestions mentioned including as a last resort doing a hardware reset.

The message came back immediately after restarting after the factory reset before even restoring anything - this suggests to me that there is a serious problem with the latest updates.

The phone is now essentially unusable in that it is very unresponsive and the battery goes flat in about 3 or 4 hours!

Update version: G965U1UEU6CSH7

Size: 630.81 MB

Security patch level: 1-Aug-2019

userYSgpsjBQpG
Constellation

Re: URGENT FIX REQUIRED: Performance degraded with 1st August 2019 Android version 9 update.

Hi Samsung Team,

I am experiencing the exact same issues as above..

I have only just installed the new update and have not stopped receiving the "IMS Service keeps stopping" notification. The phone is also seriously lagging ever since... even as I type this, words are appearing delayed.

An urgent fix is required and maybe some better FAT testing before releasing Security updates in future.

Regards,

Adam

I_H8ANDROIDS
Asteroid

I also have the same problem. Trying to find previous OS I can install without use of a computer. Come on Samsung. 

userO8M6oyEc7l
Constellation

Same issue on my 9+. Tried all the cache clearing, safe mode, and have factory reset twice. At the welcome setup screen I get the ims crashing error.

Well done Samsung, you've basically soft bricked my device and I'm ruined for work as I need a battery that lasts longer than 2 hours and have reliable cell connectivity. 

usertqmeCUuhce
Asteroid

My partner and I bought US Unlocked S9+ phones in the US before moving to Australia. Worked fine for the last 2 months and now, after she downloaded the August update (SH7) she gets the "IMS Keeps Stopping" notification and her phone is incredibly laggy and unresponsive. I have yet to update and mine works fine.

One noticeable change is that her toggle option for Voice Over LTE is gone. If it helps, I read that a couple of years ago this same issue happened with Optus users who had unlocked phones. Turning on VOLTE was the solution at the time. Maybe it's just automatically on now and Samsung decided they didn't need the toggle. Either way, this isn't going to work going forward and we need a fix. The phone is practically unusable behaving this way. 

And for the record, yes, we went through all the usual steps resetting phone, booting in safe mode, clearing the cache partition. Things suggested for the IMS issue.

When can we get an update that fixes this? And am I seriously about to be forced by my phone to download an update thats going to brick it? And is this going to do lasting damage to months old phones that we bought outright? And are we going to get an actually useful response from Samsung at all? 

useryYhdGYczQr
Asteroid

Same issue here. Tried factory reset but it doesn't go away.

user7wxp3PgVPf
Asteroid

Please samsung me too sad thing is I just bought the s9

Samsung_WfsdGeH
Constellation

That sounds like it's just an issue with the s9 phones. I...

That sounds like it's just an issue with the s9 phones. I have a note 9 myself and have had no issues.

userLBlROvF1GU
Constellation

I wish I would have seen this topic before in installed the latest update. My S9+ has just done exactly the same, what a waste of money as the phone is now virtually unusable. 

Come on Samsung, hurry up with the fix!