cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

USB Tethering not working - April Update

After my S9 updated for the April update, I have lost the ability to use USB tethering. It is (was) connected to my Asus router RT-AC68U to spread the joy of the internet to all my devices.

However since the April update (which updated this week) my router is having issue and reports that an issue has occurred with the ISP's DHCP. The router was flashed to an earlier version and factory defaulted, this made no difference no matter what version was used.

Phone was then put back to factory default settings, after setting everything back up the same issue persists. 

Can Samsung please address this issue.

@links to members

15 REPLIES 15
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: USB Tethering not working - April Update

Have you wiped the cache partition since the update? Have you spoken to your carrier regarding USB Tethering?

Highlighted
Astronaut

I have the same problem. Until the update (Version: G965FXXU8DTC5/G965FOVF8DTC5/G965FXXU8DTC5) yesterday (26th of April 2020) my S9+ was connected to my router (Fritz!Box 7390) an USB tethering worked pretty good. Right after the update it didn't work anymore. That's a desaster! Neither restarting the router helped nor that of my S9+. How can this be fixed? I need urgently help, because it disturbes homeschooling due to corona drastically in our case.

Highlighted
Asteroid

I spoke to '3' who are my phone carier, the guy on the other did not have a clue and was fobbed off saying that technical support wouod resolve the issue within two hours. 

I cached the phone by doing bixby, volume up and power on, and selecting clear cache this correct? 

Any advise would be great at this time.

Highlighted
Asteroid

Have same issue after Aprill update tethering stop working.

Was conneting the phone to Asus router via USB cable. Routher shows error: Your ISP's DHCP does not function properly. 

Cache partition wiped but didn't help.

What interesting thethering to my PC working fine. Hotspot also working fine.

There is more phones with the tethering proble as S10 phone users reports the same at the topic: "Galaxy-S10/USB-tethering-doesn-t-work-after-the-update"

Highlighted
Asteroid

I have the same issue. Galaxy S9 No tethering to asus router after update. My sons nonupdated phone (Note 9) works. 

It works connecting directly to PC. Have been in contact with your support. Did a factory reset. Have been in contact with my ISP. Have been in contact with Asus. Have downgraded router. No solutiotion as of yet.

I cant use my other subscriptions as I would like because of this.. Rather enjoy Netflix on 55 inches with family instead on 24 inches by myself at the PC.

Highlighted
Asteroid

@SamsungGill Was that what you had to get us back on track?

Highlighted
Asteroid

I am currently having to teather the phone remotely, but items that use the ethernet cables e.g. hue hub are proving problematic. Alexa isn't connecting either, so house isnt so smart. I tried to roll back the update via the sammobile website without success. 

Teathering is my option for the time being. If i find a solution i will post it. 

Highlighted
Asteroid

Has anybody tried another brand of Android 10 phone. Just curios if it´s a Samsung or Android issue.

Highlighted
Asteroid

May Phone update done today, hasn't resolved the issue, new update for router complete realised 6 May, still have having same issue. Absolutely gutted.