cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Unable to get Samsung support to help with issue

I wanted to post this in case someone from SAMSUNG is reading and would please contact me regarding this issue. I believe this issue should be covered by SAMSUNG..

In November my S9 started to have sporadic display issues. My phone was purchased on January 10the 2019, so the 1 year warranty at this time was still active expiring January 10 2020.

1) the bluetooth when making calls the screen would flutter multiple times and then stop.

2) The entire phone display would go black and then very light, when i tried to control the brightness it would go black at halfway and a little white space would appear at the top.   The only way to fix this issue was to turn off and then 2 mintues turn back on.  Restarted did not help.

I went to Best Buy where i bought the phone after this occured a few times and explained the issue, the Geek Squad person looked at the phone did some setting tweeks and said that he doesn't see the problem.  Of course he wouldn't it was sproradic and is not reproduceable on demand.  Unfortunately they did not log a ticket because there was no issue, huge mistake on my part..

The issue continue to occur maybe every few weeks.  however end of January/beginning of February the issue started to occur more frequently, by the end of February it sometimes occured 2-3 times a day.  At this time i decided to go back to best buy on Saturday 3.14, at this time while i was talking to the best buy geek squad guy, the issue appeared and he let me know that it seems like a display issue and should be covered by warranty.  However as he looked up my account he found that the warranty was  expired on 1.10.2020.   At this time he told me that i have the option to use the best buy warranty and replace the device for $200.  He also said that since this issue started to occur before waranty ran out to contact Samsung, which i did while at the store 800 726 7864,  which i did and explained the issue to the rep.  She logged a case and sent me to the location Samsung Care center in Jacksonville Ubreakifix .   The following saturday i went to Ubreakifix and thank god, the issues appeared itself again, they also said it is a display issue and that would cost $240 to fix.  but they took the phone to run diagnostics for 40 minutes.  The diagnostics came back with no issues so is not a sotware issue it is a Display issue.  They said they put the informatoin in the system and samsung will be able to see it.  They would agree that if this started in November it should  be covered and that if they wouldn't have seen this occur, there is no way to troubleshoot it and diagnostics would not show it.

The same day 3.21.2020  i contacted via CHAT samsung support case #2227749241. the person told me they would note all this down and for me to contact them within 3 days to find out status.   So this morning i contacted Samsung support via CHAT again 3.24.2020, the person told me that Samsung in no way will help or provide anything to assist me in this issue.  POLICY IS POLICY and they cannot do anything to help me.  The person said they can note my concerns in the new case and close the old, but nothing can be done to help me.  My only way to fix is to fork out $200 or $240 to fix this phone.  

I asked for this to be escalated and the person told me that there is no escalation procedure that POLICY IS POLICY and they strictly adheare to the the warranty.  Case# 2227796377.

After purchasing many Samsung products, this is the treatment that i have received from Samsung support ...  I still owe $270 for the phone to pay out and with a family of 6 with 4 kids and whats going on in todays society, i can find maybe something more usefull to buy with $240.  Also working from home and using my S9 as primary phone, we do not have a home phone number, i need the phone to function to do my work and talk to my collegues.

Items i remember purchasing from Samsung could be more.

3 TV's, 2 DVD players, 4 Monitors, Washer and Dryer, as well as Samsung phones 2,4,5,6,7,8 and 9 for my wife and family over 10 year period.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Product Expert

Re: Unable to get Samsung support to help with issue

Hello,

this seems like it could be a software issue. Have you tried factory resetting your phone?

From Settings, search for and select Factory data reset. Next, tap Factory data reset again, and then review the information. When you're ready, swipe to and tap Reset. If you have a security lock set on the phone, you will be asked to enter the credentials. To delete all information and downloaded apps, tap Delete all.

Once you factory reset your phone, try to see if you can replicate the issue. If the issue does not happen again, this means it could be a third party app on your previous backups that was causing the issue. If it does happen again even after a factory reset, a further hardware replacement may be required.

Let me know if this helps. Thanks!

Highlighted
Constellation

I have not reset to factoy, but both Best Buy and the samsung care center that i was sent to told me that this is not an application issue it is a display issue.  The Ubreakifix did full diagnostic and didn't find anything wrong with software.  I very dissapointed at Samsung and how they are handling this. I wish i could get a upper level technical contact to replace my phone for free.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Could you send me a private message so that I can get some additional information?  http://bit.ly/2ihPL97

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.