cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cosmic Ray

Unlocked US Models No Update Since September!

Where are the updates for unlocked Snapdragon? 

12 REPLIES 12
Galaxy

Re: Unlocked US Models No Update Since September!

Thats a older phone may have to waita while.,
Cosmic Ray

I have an S9+ and I'm in the same boat. They treat us as second class citizens even though we pay as much for our service as the rest of the users.

Constellation

Re: Re: Unlocked US Models No Update Since September!

you fell for the trap. always buy carrier branded devices to get the latest updates.
Galaxy

Best to get a newer modern phone
Cosmic Ray

Some of us don't have the disposable income to keep getting the latest and greatest phone when they come out. My S9+ is only 2 years old and running Android 10. My phone is also on the Samsung list to receive monthly security patches so it's not asking for much to get what we pay for.

Galaxy

those phones are like three years old come on now like Samsung has the time to keep a clunker going forever.
Halo

The phone is not quite 3 years old. It got Android 10 last March, and It is still on the monthly security update cycle. Just got the Nov 1 update (finally with One Ui 2.5) on mine a week ago.

Hardly a clunker. Although once it gets put on quarterly updates, probably middle of next year, then it's time to move on.
Cosmic Ray

I'm still waiting for the OCTOBER security patch and One UI 2.5. Oh well, there's no use complaining to Samsung. They won't listen anyway. At least here on the community it gives me a chance to vent!

Galaxy

RES the carriers are slowest with updates. Unlocked are the fastest