cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
user8mrgZTQtiB
Asteroid

Re: Unlocked galaxy S9 on Verizon

JUMP TO SOLUTION
That is not visual voicemail with the slider etc. And the caller id is still an issue for me. These two things wouldn't be worth the $100 to most people but I have no choice for certain business reasons.
Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Forgive me, it's been a long time since I've used Verizon's Visual Voicemail -  but what do you think is missing that doesn't make it Visual Voicemail?

Science and technology revolutionize our lives, but memory, tradition and myth frame our response.
user8mrgZTQtiB
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I don't see that it has a feature where you can play it like an audio player with a touch enabled progress bar and play pause stop rewind, etc. And if the phone can't do normal caller id , I'm not sure what the point is.  This whole subject both bewiders me and pisses me off since thses are two of the most basic modern features I can think of for a ohone and to have to add 3rd party apps to workaround this or pay extra monthly fees is just absurd.  Then again, maybe I missed something.

Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The Samsung voicemail app does have a touch enabled progress bar where you can play it like an audio player.  I use it regularly. 

Caller ID is also available, as I mentioned in the previous reply - it is built into the phone app itself as a setting. Again, this is a feature I use and rely on heavily. 

Science and technology revolutionize our lives, but memory, tradition and myth frame our response.
userovDgkbjprT
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

shuddle13

Thanks so much for the response!

That voice mail looks good to me.  Any issues with getting S8 voicemail notifications accurately?

Thinking of canceling my Verizon S9 pre-order if I'm not too late and getting the Unlocked S9 (or S9+, as it would be nice to have 6 GB RAM).

Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have had zero issues getting voicemail notifications accurately and timely.  The badge is always correct in terms of the number of voicemails, it shows properly in the notification bar, and even shows in my call log correctly. 

Obviously I can't speak for everyone using this app, but for me, it works perfectly. As I said earlier in the thread, the only thing I'm waiting for is transcribing voice to text. 

Highlighted
userhlnnhMKOOy
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I purchased an unlocked S9+ on March 5th and received it on March 15th.  After activation, I set everything up on my S9+ and during that process I also updated the voicemail app from Samsung and it works just like the Verizon version did.  Even the voice to text is displayed.  I did have to link my phone to voicemail by calling *86.  Once I activated on Verizon, and transfered my contacts over, there was a "voicemail" in my contacts but it was missing the * so I edited it and called it and inputed my password.  Once I linked the new phone to my voicemail box, my visual voicemail app began to work correctly so maybe this info may help someone.  The unlocked version is great in my opinion but Samsung's customer service is horrible and is mostly nothing but lies and whatever they want to tell us.  I gave up on that part.

userDjm73dGysV
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My wifes new unlocked S9+ was activated yesterday by Verizon, her voicemail was activated similar to what shuddle13 described, but she never gets the number of voicemails she has by a App Icon Badge similar to Message, Email, Apps etc. I am 100% sure it is turned on in her settings. Have disable, restarted, etc numerous times, but the Badge never indicates the number of voicemails she has. When she gets a voicemail, the notification shows up in the notification bar, but the number of voicemails never comes up on the Icon Badge for the Voicemail app.  Also, the only voicemail option that I could get to work was the Basic Visual Voicemail setup in My Verizon, if I blocked both Basic and Premuim in blocks, it didn't work right at all and never showed any voicemails in the app, the only option was to call the *86 basic voicemail.

Does Samsung have a possible bug in the app? shuddle13 or anyone else know why this doesn't work his did?

userEWK2zU5072
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Can you surf the internet while you are on the phone talking?

Gork
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userEWK2zU5072wrote:

Can you surf the internet while you are on the phone talking?

I do, but I've only tried when connected VoLTE/4GLTE.  There may be instances where you can't (3G/roaming/etc); I've read up on it in the past but can't remember the specifics.