cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userxs99eN0FFc
Asteroid

Re: Unlocked galaxy S9 on Verizon

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So broke down and bought the unlocked galaxy s9+ from samsung and pulled the sim card from my Motorola turbo 2 and popped it into my S9+. It took hours to restore all my apps but after it was all said and done i downloaded the Verizon Messaging app and text over wifi does work. I think you have to have the app installed in order for this feature to work. I have the app installed but i use the samsung messaging app and i can send texts using wifi only.

Highlighted
userH31Kj5RRlC
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I also was on AT&T and got a S9+ and they unlocked it. I switched to verizon and tried to activate the phone but it won't activate. No one knows why. I've even had customer service reps purposely disconnect on chat when I tell them I still can't activate and do whatever steps they tell me to do and they fail and I tell them that. I know this is an old thread but it anyone happens to see this post and knows why I can't activate, please email me at < Hidden >

Le0Br4zUc4
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It does. I'm currently using a GS9+ on Verizon. Please note, you won't get WiFi calling or visual voicemail

userGdgqPu6fK2
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes

Ginamch
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It should.. I have my unlocked s9+ on metropcs.

Tweedy
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have a  S9+ and Verizon is my carrier.  My phone works, but it's very glitchy.  Calls go directly to voicemail with no notification of missed call or voicemail and phone freezes and have to be powered off.

Both Samsung and Verizon representatives have acknowledged that there are known issues with unlock phones on the Verizon network.

Memyselfandi
Astronaut

Yes