cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userEWK2zU5072
Constellation

Re: Unlocked galaxy S9 on Verizon

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks,  I just got the 9+ unlocked,  it works great on Verizon, still not sure about wifi calling on Verizon network.

userkg7ZeweyiR
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I got my phone on Wednesday and switched my SIM card from my Verizon S8 to the unlocked S9 with no trouble at all.  Once I called Verizon and told them I made the switch the visual voicemail from Verizon showed up on my phone.  It had all my voicemails on it that was saved on my S8.  I have not been able to figure out how to get HD calling and video calling back yet.  If anyone figures this out please post here. 

userUpv6a7BPH2
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Are you able to use the mobile hot spot with the S9+ unlocked on Verizon?

userftG7k9amON
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes, I have the unlocked S9 on verizon. I popped my sim card in and did the Samsung Smart Switch from my Galaxy S6. Visual Voicemail and Mobile Hotspot work. All my old voicemails were there and I even have the same hotspot password, when I turned on the hotspot my laptop remembered the connection settings from the last time it connected to my S6 which I wasn't expecting. Can't confirm the calling features like HD and WiFi, but I am very happy with the quality of reception. 

usernd3rm7CyAf
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userftG7k9amONwrote:

Yes, I have the unlocked S9 on verizon. I popped my sim card in and did the Samsung Smart Switch from my Galaxy S6. Visual Voicemail and Mobile Hotspot work. All my old voicemails were there and I even have the same hotspot password, when I turned on the hotspot my laptop remembered the connection settings from the last time it connected to my S6 which I wasn't expecting. Can't confirm the calling features like HD and WiFi, but I am very happy with the quality of reception. 

Hey, how did you get visual voicemail to work?

AfghansFinest
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm using the Best Buy Samsung Unlocked S9+ on Verizon. Switched from iPhone. To use visual voicemail call Verizon and enable the feature. My S9+ has no bloatware or any Verizon apps. And voicemail world like a charm after Verizon enabled it. 

userrcfLPgSKoT
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

What does and doesn't work on the unlocked version? 

fhirnaomh
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

When I got the S8+ unlocked through Samsung, Verizon dropped me on the insurance and Samsung said they did not cover it. They said Verizon would and Verizon said they would. Long, irritating story short: I sent the phone back to Samsung and went back to my iPhone. 

I was really surprised that Samsung didn’t cover it. I wanted the unlocked version so I wouldn’t get stuck with Verizon crapware. If the S9+ can be activated on Verizon without issues and Samsung covers it through their insurance then I will get it through Samsung. If not, I don’t want the headache. I’ll just get the Verizon version and flash the unlocked firmware. 

SCTiger
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

You need to try again. I have a Samsung S9 purchased through Samsung, insured with Samsung Premium Care and activated on Verizon. 

OrdinaryGeekSF
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

"If the S9+ can be activated on Verizon without issues and Samsung covers it through their insurance then I will get it through Samsung"

You can do this very thing.