cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userko9WwRcF8C
Constellation

Re: Unlocked galaxy S9 on Verizon

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I have not been able to find Samsung Visual Voicemail anywhere. I have tried Samsung apps and Google play store with no luck. I finally contacted Samsung and asked about the Visual Voicemail. They informed me that there is no such thing and that I would have to get it from my service provider (Verizon). I have an unlocked S9 and am trying to avoid Verizon bloatware . I would love it if Samsung had Visual Voicemail.
EphraimB
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Download Youmail.

userENRTVn5Y2v
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have n unlocked s9 on the Verizon network. 

userEYjoPssOcH
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes it works I have it direct from Samsung on Verizon’s network and my visual voicemail works the samasung branded one, I haven’t tried to subscribe to premium visual voicemail to see if it will transcribe messages. Here’s the biggest letdown...no WiFi calling or HD voice so with that it means if you have a Verizon branded Gear s3 watch, it will not work (standalone, which is the whole point) I’ve had a trouble ticket in for a few days now and I don’t imagine Verizon will come out with a specific app for WiFi calling/hd voice since it’s part of “their software” for the ones sold at their stores. 

userxs99eN0FFc
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Im looking at getting the s9+ unlocked on verizon but i would really like to know if you can send texts over wifi. In my shop i dont have cell reception so i rely on texting over wifi. Is there any way you can verify this for me?

userzSY7tcNyVt
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have an unlocked s9. Initially I had at&t and didn't like the service. I just switched to verizon last week and I do have wifi calling, volte, visual voicemail, and insurance through verizon.

The visual voicemail app is technically a galaxy app, but you can't access it for some reason just by searching for it. 

Once my service was ported over from at&t I received a notification to download the app. 

For those of you who are having issues, I would suggest calling verizon or visiting a store.

userxs99eN0FFc
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Can you put your phone on airplane mode and use wifi to send and receive text messages? Please that is my main concern. If I can do that I'm getting an unlocked version. Thank you for your help

userzSY7tcNyVt
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Sorry. It appears that it won't allow texting over wifi. Not sure why it wouldn't, as everything else works. At the moment I don't have time to play with the settings to see if it will work.
userxs99eN0FFc
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Ok thank you for checking that was the main thing I wanted. Looks like Verizon has blocked me again from getting an unlocked phone. Hopefully there are some good black Friday sales.

useryOVMZLJJLD
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Just wondering if you ever got the Wi-Fi texting to work?