cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Samsung Care Ambassador

Unlocked galaxy s9 receiving at&t volte calling update?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

is the new update getting at&T VoLTE calling for the unlocked S9?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Honored Contributor

Re: Unlocked galaxy s9 receiving at&t volte calling update?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Sadly we can't speculate on the release of future updates, I apologize. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Sadly we can't speculate on the release of future updates, I apologize. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in original post

usersOYhKojCAY
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Maybe I missed it when I bought my unbranded S9+ from Samsung, but I didn't read anything that mentioned that an unbranded phone would not support all carrier features onceflashed with carrier software (AT&T).  So now I have a device that doesn't support VoLTE or Wifi calling Smiley Sad and that makes the phone virtually unusable for me. Anyone what to trade me an unbranded/unlocked s9+ for an AT&T branded version?

Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@usersOYhKojCAY wrote:

Maybe I missed it when I bought my unbranded S9+ from Samsung, but I didn't read anything that mentioned that an unbranded phone would not support all carrier features onceflashed with carrier software (AT&T).  So now I have a device that doesn't support VoLTE or Wifi calling Smiley Sad and that makes the phone virtually unusable for me. Anyone what to trade me an unbranded/unlocked s9+ for an AT&T branded version?

as far as i know the new update in october activates wifi calling on at&t and possibly voLTE as well.. VoLTE toggle do not show on any samsung oreo update because it is automatically activated in the firmware by default if the carrier supports it.

usersOYhKojCAY
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same thing happened to me. I have an unbranded s9+ I would like to trade. Like you, I must have missed something when I purchased my unbranded phone from Samsung directly, thinking I could install ATT firmware and have access to carrier specific features like wifi calling, etc.

I'm told by AT&T that this is being worked on but they will likely loose a loyal customer if it doesn't get resolved soon.