cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Samsung Care Ambassador

Unlocked galaxy s9 receiving at&t volte calling update?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

is the new update getting at&T VoLTE calling for the unlocked S9?

═════════════════════════════════════
If you post new question please specify your Phone model and Carrier.
If you like my comment please hit ♥
if I answer your question please hit the 'accept as solution' button
1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Unlocked galaxy s9 receiving at&t volte calling update?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Sadly we can't speculate on the release of future updates, I apologize. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

4 REPLIES 4
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Sadly we can't speculate on the release of future updates, I apologize. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

usersOYhKojCAY
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Maybe I missed it when I bought my unbranded S9+ from Samsung, but I didn't read anything that mentioned that an unbranded phone would not support all carrier features onceflashed with carrier software (AT&T).  So now I have a device that doesn't support VoLTE or Wifi calling Smiley Sad and that makes the phone virtually unusable for me. Anyone what to trade me an unbranded/unlocked s9+ for an AT&T branded version?

Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@usersOYhKojCAY wrote:

Maybe I missed it when I bought my unbranded S9+ from Samsung, but I didn't read anything that mentioned that an unbranded phone would not support all carrier features onceflashed with carrier software (AT&T).  So now I have a device that doesn't support VoLTE or Wifi calling Smiley Sad and that makes the phone virtually unusable for me. Anyone what to trade me an unbranded/unlocked s9+ for an AT&T branded version?

as far as i know the new update in october activates wifi calling on at&t and possibly voLTE as well.. VoLTE toggle do not show on any samsung oreo update because it is automatically activated in the firmware by default if the carrier supports it.

═════════════════════════════════════
If you post new question please specify your Phone model and Carrier.
If you like my comment please hit ♥
if I answer your question please hit the 'accept as solution' button
usersOYhKojCAY
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same thing happened to me. I have an unbranded s9+ I would like to trade. Like you, I must have missed something when I purchased my unbranded phone from Samsung directly, thinking I could install ATT firmware and have access to carrier specific features like wifi calling, etc.

I'm told by AT&T that this is being worked on but they will likely loose a loyal customer if it doesn't get resolved soon.