JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Does unlocked phones have Wi-Fi calling capabilities?

(Topic created: 02-03-2020 05:55 AM)
userDcTWtPzUhh
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Can someone tell me......if I buy an unlocked S9+, will it have WiFi calling capabilities with the carrier I bring it to?

84 Replies
Cooper8127
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I also have a unlocked s9 plus and att told me it should work but I still can not get my wifi calling to work but my visual voicemail is working great. I need WIFI CALLING 

@userW0KaTAQQG9 wrote:

Mine is unlocked also and wifi calling doesn't work with ATT either

0 Likes
useruhj47QUptk
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Was curious - did you get this resolved? Went to ATT store today and they said the equivalent of sorry Charley, no soup for you

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Unlocked Galaxy S9+ on Sprint. Wifi calling works.

Unlocked Galaxy S9 on Verizon, wifi calling option is greyed out. (Disabled by Verizon)

Unlocked Galaxy S8 on T-mobile. Wifi calling works. 

0 Likes
Tankdog03
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Being unlocked and Samsung factory unlocked are two different things.. 

Samsung factory unlocked most likely will have all bands for all carriers..

Unlocked can be a carrier branded phone that has been unlocked, meaning it came with the bands for that specific carrier but most likely has enough bands to work on other carriers but may lack some bands needed to take full advantage of all there features and speeds..

0 Likes
usereXxMdkKyGP
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I have a Samsung S8 and AT&T is my provider.  My wifi calling does not work. 

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@userDcTWtPzUhhwrote:

Can someone tell me......if I buy an unlocked S9+, will it have WiFi calling capabilities with the carrier I bring it to?

I ended up going with an Att configured S9+phone because the Samsung rep at att said I would not get wifi calling, HD voice or visual voice-mail  with a regular unlocked phone. Confirmed that with Samsung USA as well. 

Sweetie2019
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Metropcs wifi calling works on s9+ blue I got mine today and called in to activate got a prompt for wifi calling Hope's this helps.

0 Likes
userDcTWtPzUhh
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones

This does help, thanks! Did you buy the unlocked version directly from samsung or a tmobile version or?

0 Likes
Sweetie2019
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Unlocked from samsung

0 Likes
userDcTWtPzUhh
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones

That is fantastic news. Ty!