JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Does unlocked phones have Wi-Fi calling capabilities?

(Topic created: 03-13-2018 02:14 PM)
userDcTWtPzUhh
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Can someone tell me......if I buy an unlocked S9+, will it have WiFi calling capabilities with the carrier I bring it to?

84 Replies
selston13
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S Phones

It might depend on your carrier - but on Verizon, that is one of the few features I do not have using the unlocked Galaxy phone on their network. If you don't have Verizon, you may want to reply to this thread with your carrier so someone else can chime in. 

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button.
0 Likes
userDcTWtPzUhh
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Thanks! I’m currently with Verizon but thinking of making a move to MetroPCS.

selston13
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S Phones

No problem - if it helps at all, I have a more detailed post on what is and isn't available on the unlocked Galaxy S8/S9 on Verizon you can look at here: https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-S9-Announcements-and-Info/Unlocked-galaxy-S9-on-Verizon/m...

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button.
0 Likes
userDcTWtPzUhh
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Very helpful. Thank you!

0 Likes
Thstewart77
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I'm on metro with an unlocked Verizon Samsung s9+ and at the moment I don't have wifi calling. If anyone knows how to get it please share

0 Likes
userW0KaTAQQG9
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Mine is unlocked also and wifi calling doesn't work with ATT either

usersa3tPSwlPL
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

This is absolutely insane. Why is this even an issue? Why do I have to buy the AT&T phone even though the hardware is identicle to the unlocked version? I just spoke with AT&T to complain about this issue and the rep informed me that this was not a problem at all with his unlocked Pixel 2 XL. He said the problem lies with Samsung's software. I don't know how true that is but I suspect both AT&T (or insert carrier here) and Samsung are both to blame. What a pain in the butt this has been. 

userK9Q2Uuz16N
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Unlocked Galaxy s9 running on T-Mobile WITH wifi calling. Pixel 2 same.

0 Likes
userCl1XEJppgH
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Unlocked GS9 does not work with AT&T WiFi calling.  No option on the phone.  This needed to be explained to customer's up front.   

W-T-F good is this phone?   I should have bought it off my carrier and unlocked it myself.   

Any attorneys out here?