cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
useral9GUK21kq
Astronaut

Re: Unlocked phones and WiFi calling capabilities

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The issue is a development flaw by Samsung. Wifi calling should be a system option.

userWUo6UB9Q5p
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I had wifi calling with At&t using my S5 phone and with the new S9+, there was no way to use wifi calling so it can't be carrier specific as both Samsung and both on At&t.

usergGU5aAUfgk
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I also had wi-fi calling on my S7 active from AT&T. Worked great, but nowhere to be found on S9+ factory unlocked.

Pavnis
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Spoiler
It seems like this is mutual understanding between carriers and Samsung.

Samsung sells phones which are unable to make use of features on certain carriers but works great on some carriers. Is it a joke?

I bought Samsung Galaxy Note 9 because my previous samsung Galaxy 6 had Wifi calling.

SAMSUNG LISTEN TO YOUR CUSTOMERS OR SOONER OR LATER CONSUMERS WOULD CHANGE THEIR CHOICE NO MATTER EVEN IF YOU MAKE BREAKTHROUGH PHONES....

userP8xVTIXmUI
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes it's ridiculous. Verizon is the same way. T-Mobile is different. Which show is that it's not a problem with Samsung software. IPhones do work unlocked with Wi-Fi calling for some reason maybe Apple has more clout. They make a step forward allowing unlock and then they disable great new features like Wi-Fi calling for unlocked phones

Highlighted

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Unlocked Galaxy S9+ on Sprint. Wifi calling works.

Unlocked Galaxy S9 on Verizon, wifi calling option is greyed out. (Disabled by Verizon)

Unlocked Galaxy S8 on T-mobile. Wifi calling works. 

usereXxMdkKyGP
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have a Samsung S8 and AT&T is my provider.  My wifi calling does not work. 

HighFlight1989
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userDcTWtPzUhhwrote:

Can someone tell me......if I buy an unlocked S9+, will it have WiFi calling capabilities with the carrier I bring it to?

I ended up going with an Att configured S9+phone because the Samsung rep at att said I would not get wifi calling, HD voice or visual voice-mail  with a regular unlocked phone. Confirmed that with Samsung USA as well. 

Sweetie2019
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Metropcs wifi calling works on s9+ blue I got mine today and called in to activate got a prompt for wifi calling Hope's this helps.

userDcTWtPzUhh
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This does help, thanks! Did you buy the unlocked version directly from samsung or a tmobile version or?