Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
user55RQjsKM8S
Constellation

Re: Unlocked phones and WiFi calling capabilities

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@shadowsports wrote:

Fully unlocked s9+ purchased directly from Samsung - Carrier AT&T. No VVM unless you download APK, no HD voice or wi-fi calling.  I knew I was't going to get HD voice or wifi but not VVM. Doesn't matter, fixed with an APK.

Neighbor has same unlocked device, but T-Mo. Wifi calling works ok.  He said calls drop about  40% of the time.  That's unacceptable to me.  I don't necessarily blame the device I think its the technology.  I've seen it work well and fail.  Depends on your location and what kind of cell coverage you have.

Will you elaborate? Were you able to enable wifi calling using the APK?

userW0KaTAQQG9
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Could you post a screen shot please?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userW0KaTAQQG9wrote:

Could you post a screen shot please?

A  screenshot of what?   The fully unlocked version of the phone does not support HD voice or Wi-Fi calling if AT&T is your carrier.

~ Former N6p, Pixel1 owner who tried an s9+ ~ With Android, The software experience is everything. Good specs doesn't mean great device. In the end, it's the software experience that makes or breaks hardware. I've dumped the S9(minus) and gone back to a device that receives actual support, regular updates and bug fixes. DONE WITH SAMSUNG - SOLD THE S9(minus) - YOU GUYS ARE LIARS!
userDcTWtPzUhh
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I believe they were asking for a screenshot from the person above that says they have the option in settings on their unlocked phone.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi,

He said he purchased the unlocked version, and AT&T is his carrier.  There is no wi-fi option.  It's not supported.  I have the same device and carrier. There is no menu or setting for this feature.  It's not supported in the unlocked variant. 

~ Former N6p, Pixel1 owner who tried an s9+ ~ With Android, The software experience is everything. Good specs doesn't mean great device. In the end, it's the software experience that makes or breaks hardware. I've dumped the S9(minus) and gone back to a device that receives actual support, regular updates and bug fixes. DONE WITH SAMSUNG - SOLD THE S9(minus) - YOU GUYS ARE LIARS!
userSj04115LET
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have a note 8 and the option is not available. I did down load the app and it just gives me an error pop up. My carrier is US Cellular.

userDcTWtPzUhh
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Seems like it is completely dependent on carrier. I purchased the s9+ unlocked from best buy. I was with Verzion at that time. A wifi calling setting was no where on the phone. There was also no visual voicemail. I made the switch to tmobile last week and as soon as i put the sim card in i got a wifi calling notification an the option is now there. I also have tmobile visual voicemail. 

View solution in original post

userHfTlARzcs6
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

T mobile put in the sim card and still don't have wifi calling. 

@userDcTWtPzUhh wrote:

Seems like it is completely dependent on carrier. I purchased the s9+ unlocked from best buy. I was with Verzion at that time. A wifi calling setting was no where on the phone. There was also no visual voicemail. I made the switch to tmobile last week and as soon as i put the sim card in i got a wifi calling notification an the option is now there. I also have tmobile visual voicemail. 

userDcTWtPzUhh
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Is the setting there for it in the phone dialer app?

Godlike1978
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Wi-Fi calling us available on Verizon with unlocked S9, go to the phone dialer app, settings, then scroll all the way to the bottom. I could never find it in settings and finally found it on accident. Sorry if this is a repeat msg, I was super happy to find it.