cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sharmarke
Asteroid

Unlocked s9 (G960U1) on tmobile.

No security update since I got pie in February.

Still on January 1st batch. Btw whoever's keep deleting my posts need to stop

15 REPLIES 15
timothyian
Cosmic Ray

I have the same issue and the moderators always delete my...

I have the same issue and the moderators always delete my posts staying it's a violation of community guidelines.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: I have the same issue and the moderators always delete my...

Hey guys!

Thanks for reaching out, However. Once available, updates are released to Carriers and thereafter, it is at the Carriers discretion to release the update to customers. Since updates are released by Carriers in waves, we’re unable to determine when your device will receive an update.

In regards to any moved or edited post, the system can remove a post, A moderator will send you a direct message advising that you have violated the community terms and allows you to review the guidelines to ensure that your post is continuing to adhere to community guidelines. 

Wanted to include a direct link to community guidelines: https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Welcome-Blog/Samsung-Community-General-Guidelines/ba-p/459817

Hope this message finds you well!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

userMt4gJxi02p
Constellation

Re: I have the same issue and the moderators always delete my...

SamsungZell--Why do you keep perpetuating the myth that unlocked phones, not purchased from a carrier, are updated by the carrier? ITS NOT TRUE!!

Sharmarke
Asteroid

Why does a carrier have a control over my security update...

Why does a carrier have a control over my security update when I bought the phone direct from Samsung.

user3FshluaKar
Constellation

Re: Why does a carrier have a control over my security update...

I have the same issue and I cant even post in other forums where people are complaining about the update issue. Unlocked and on January patch. My phone works like poop. Give me my money back of u cant update 

Re: Unlocked s9 (G960U1) on tmobile.

Did u try over Wi-Fi or Mobile data ?

Highlighted
userJzwQFHQu7g
Constellation

As an update to my original post in a different thread: after chatting with Samsung tech support and them sending me to a local Samsung service center, (ubreakifix) who tried unsuccessfully to use some kind of "fancy" factory data restore, I ended up with a phone I had to reinstall everything on and yet I was still at the January security update--plus they said, it must be your motherboard then and we'll have to replace it. I called TMobile and their Tech support rep assured me, "after talking to other reps" that it must be a problem with Samsung and that there was nothing they could do and that they had never even heard of the problem.  So, eventually, after waiting months with no update from January 1 on T-Mobile, I got a sprint sim and put it in. Within seconds, it found the latest upgrade and is updating my phone to the June Security update as I type.  Yay!  Though, what the heck, Tmobile?!  How come every other carrier can make these updates available to unlocked S9 phones and you can't.  Not only that, you can't get off your behinds to be honest with your loyal customers and help them out.

Samsung Care Ambassador

@Sharmarke Try to pop out the sim card and update the device through wifi and see if it works?

═════════════════════════════════════
If you post new question please specify your Phone model and Carrier.
If you like my comment please hit ♥
if I answer your question please hit the 'accept as solution' button
userJzwQFHQu7g
Constellation

I tried that and it didn't work.