cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Imsoolovelyy
Asteroid

Update 02-13-2019 issues

My phone was working perfectly fine before the update, but once I did the new update released February 13th, I've been having issues with my phone freezing when I open the camera and then in becomes unresponsive and I'd have to restart it and it's so annoying because I can't take a picture anymore without it freezing on me and that's what I mostly use my phone for. Another issue I've been experiencing after the update is my phone over heating and it gets really hot to the point that I also have to restart it to stop it from heating more...is anyone else experiencing these issue?
7 REPLIES 7
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Update 02-13-2019 issues

Have you tested the device in safe mode to see if either of the symptoms persist?

Imsoolovelyy
Asteroid

No I havent tried that. How do I put it on safe mode?, not sure how to do that.

Sun

Hey, 

I usually long press the power button and when the menu pops up long press the red power off button. It should turn green and say safe mode. Tap on it and the phone should restart in safe mode.

CLF 

Clear the cache in your camera app? You could also try clearing your device cache.

Imsoolovelyy
Asteroid

Spoiler

How do I clear the cache in my camera? And I normally always clear the cache on my phone with my security app.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

For directions on how to clear the cache for apps, please click on the link.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Highlighted
Sun

Clear the camera app cache files  Open settings /apps /and scroll down to the camera app  Tap on it and a menu will open.. Look for an item on the list titled storage. Tap on storage and the options for clearing the cache and data should be there. Considering the issues freezing and overheating I would clear the cache and data.

CLF