Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
userO7sXthL26m
Constellation

Update Issues April 2019

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Ever since I did this update I've been having issues. Not being able to dismiss alarms is annoying, but not being able to answer or reject calls is extremely frustrating. I have to wait for it to end, and then call people back.  Anyone else having these issues???

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: Update Issues April 2019

JUMP TO SOLUTION

when your alarm goes off you have to hold the dismiss button and slide to the right and when you get a phone call you have to press the button and slide 

hope this helps you

Gary-B82-Ambassador-Signature2Note 10+ User on Verizon Wireless
11 REPLIES 11
Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

when your alarm goes off you have to hold the dismiss button and slide to the right and when you get a phone call you have to press the button and slide 

hope this helps you

userO7sXthL26m
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This worked!! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!

Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

happy that it fixed your problem i had the same problem with my dads S8+ yesterday 

userf6MIVSdo2z
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION
This is just another prime example of the mess they made with the Pie update. If ANY user has to go to a forum to figure out how to answer a phone call or dismiss an alarm, the update is NOT FUNCTIONAL. I had the same confusion with the alarm at first...seriously, why did they move functionality to obscure locations and make interacting with the phone more step intensive? It's really like some bored software engineers had to fill up their timecards so just kept f'in around with functions, locations and colors and now we have this disaster of an update. And I know you can customize the phone, and many functions are still available...but you can't re-program certain tasks, or fully customize back to Oreo-like settings, which is what everyone wants. I have spent hours and hours re-customizing my phone after this Pie update, and it is truly not the same phone at all. Many apps don't work well, even updated ones, it is super clunky to navigate, I have to literally stop and do things instead of using as I walk or multi-task....because it is a cumbersome, labor-intenseive, too-many-steps user experience now. I received a notification this morning about a "security" update and who knows what I'll end up with if I install the this update...users shouldn't have to be terrified to update their phones because they are concerned they will get some major changes they didn't want or expect.
userL4fxuHNBO9
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I agree 100%.  My SimpliSafe camera app had to make changes to their app because of the Samsung update. Having to hold and slide to dismiss a notification or answer your phone is ridiculous.  I'm not downloading the latest update due to the total mess the last one caused.  My cell phone carrier tried to get me to switch to Iphone.

medic303
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

They need a way to disable updates and allow the OWNER to decide what OS they want.  They also need to allow the  OWNER to update security if they choose.  Their support is NON-EXISTENT  and of all the Samsung JUNK I have here I would have thought I would have learned by now, but they put stuff in to make you buy their JUNK, just like the washer with WIFI  it wont connect no matter what we do .. we have ABSOLUTELY NO CONTROL OVER OUR PHONES that we paid a premium price for!!

userAizfW93260
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

What the heck?  Don't you people know how to communicate a "MAJOR" change like this?

So I spent 2 hours at Verizon trying to resolve not being able to turn my alarm off by tapping the Dismiss Button, or when the phone is locked tapping the anwer icon to answer a call, plus I spent almost an hour on the phone with Samsung Technical Support about this problem, who had me do a factory reset (loosing important notes that we thought were backed up) which didn't resolve the problem. Samsung Tech support sent me to a tech center that forced the upgrade through again which didn't resolve the problem.

So no one knew that some engineer re-wrote the software that required you to "SLIDE" the DISMISS button, or SLIDE the ANSWER icon to the right? Don't you people brief your technicians, customers, or us Users about a major change. This is UNSAT and a major inconvience that I have had to put up with trying to get my phone to work right.

Verizon had decided to send me a new phone because of this issue all which could had been avoided had one of you people at Samsung had just let people know about this.  

Please "FIRE, or Terminate" the engineer that made this change and the supervisors that approved it and PLEASE undo this stupid update.

user5vU5CViEee
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Fix this crapdate and allow us to revert back nowwwwwwwwwwww!!!!! Need to get  a petition going. My phone is awful  and I hate using it. Especially the lag now ughhh. 

userkbnCywZqmI
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I haven't been able to set an alarm to go off in the morning, any help would be fantasticSmiley Wink