cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
usere0FTm2LFIM
Asteroid

Update flaws galaxy s9

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Honestly? This update is drop dead awful. It changed way to many practical things and made them unnecessarily complicated. The new tabs for apps thing annoys me the most. I liked the way it was all stacked together where you can easily scroll and see the apps and get rid of the ones you want. This one however?? Awful, it reminds me of the apple i phones tabs, which isnt a good thing. Also, the new buttons on top when you want to change the wifi or data? Who decided on "white on white" until its selected with white on blue? I wear glasses and I have to squint to see which of the buttons are. On the internet function, why in the ever loving jesus did you squish the bookmarks tab and the "Samsung rewards" jazz, and place it where the tab button usually is? Even though more people use the tab button more than those mentioned. These are the biggest design flaws I have ever seen from a phone update in my entire life. It's not pretty, it's annoying, its impractical, it's just awful. I tried looking for ways to go back to the other ways but I couldn't find any. Please fix these terrible design elements in an actual update, or advise me and possibly others to go back to a much better, cleaner, and functional phone layout. 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: Update flaws galaxy s9

JUMP TO SOLUTION

GoodLock is a Samsung application that provides extra functionality to our devices. Hopefully when it's updated for Android 9.0, it adds your desired features.

Best regards,
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button.
23 REPLIES 23
Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey @usere0FTm2LFIM, sorry to hear your unhappy with the update. Could you please provide some screenshots so I can see what you're talking about? I do not have a white on white icons on the top as you mentioned.

Also, if you feel that the display is too squished, you can increase the view size by going to Settings>Display>Screen zoom> and adjusting it to your liking.

App scrolling should relatively be the same as before, could you please elaborate with me what is different to you?

I hope this helps and I hope you have a great rest of your day!

Best regards,
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button.
usere0FTm2LFIM
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION
https://scontent-iad3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.15752-9/s2048x2048/53532446_579823375867958_59702792990878... , https://scontent-iad3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.15752-9/s2048x2048/53101716_1328411070630361_6858147110454... , https://scontent-iad3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.15752-9/s2048x2048/52762275_839855353022211_43006209375453... , https://scontent-iad3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.15752-9/s2048x2048/53687168_645143325904008_13146130947223... These are the screenshots of what I was talking about, the "squish" thing with the bookmarks and "samsung rewards" is there as well since my wording was probably confusing on that part (the blue arrow is where I clicked and it popped up with that box). Let me know if these links work or not, I didn't see a place to upload them profesionally.
Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you for your response and for providing those images, it sure does help me understand and see what you're seeing. Lets break these down.

1. The white on white quick settings you're seeing are likely due to a theme your using. I can see a theme is applied as the header in the screenshot looks maroon/purple. If you try a different theme or perhaps the stock theme, this should go away.

2. The blue arrow in the Internet app is pointing to the menu button. When you press the menu button, it will bring up the menu which is where you're seeing the Samsung Pay section. The red arrow you have in the screenshot points to the tabs section. Now, I do agree that when you press the menu key, bookmarks should be swapped with where the Samsung Pay section is. Maybe a moderator like @SamsungCole can put this  specific annoyance as a feature request for the development team.

3. I see what you mean regarding the recent apps view. You can still close specific apps by swiping up on them. You can also still swipe through recent apps in the left and right motions as opposed to the older up and down motions.

I hope this provided some clarity on some of those issues you are having. If not, I'll be here to help to my best abilities.

Best regards,
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador

usere0FTm2LFIM
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

For 1.) I changed the theme a few times and yes you are correct, the buttons up top do indeed change with each theme. It's strange cause it was normal but when the update occured it changed to that white on white look. It's a little weird. But thank you for informing about this, it's fixed now. 

2.) The blue arrow you mentioned is the " Menu Button", but once I click on it, it has bookmarks, downloads, history, and saved pages. The red arrow isn't the bookmark page as you mentioned, it's the tabs button (thats why it says 7). I don't like the placement of the "Menu Button" (Samsung Pay section) , it was better in the upper right hand corner, and now it's where the tabs button should be, it's an annoyance on a design factor. Would @SamsungCole be able to fix this problem?

3.) I know about those motions with the apps page, I just don't like the change. I didn't like the i phone version of the app page, which is why I liked the Samsung version of it compared to the i phone version, now it's the exact same. It's less effecient, at least for me. 

Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey @usere0FTm2LFIM, your right, I meant to type tabs instead of bookmarks. I believe it was moved to make one handed use easier as part of the OneUI design language. Cole wouldn't be able to fix that but he may be able to pass the suggestion along.

Once GoodLock 2018 is updated (to maybe Good lock 2019?), you'll likely have an option for the older recent apps view.

Best regards,
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador

usere0FTm2LFIM
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I don't know what GoodLock is, what is it?

Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

GoodLock is a Samsung application that provides extra functionality to our devices. Hopefully when it's updated for Android 9.0, it adds your desired features.

Best regards,
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador

usere0FTm2LFIM
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Okay, I guess I have no choice but to wait it out and see if it changes or whenever this Goodlock 2019 will be released. Thank you for attempting to help me and my frustrations. 

userT8wAR7HvO1
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I agreee its terrible. My one favourite thing was the calendar on the edge but they removed the entire thing... The gallery was Great now its blocky.. The bloody clock is now on the left hand side not the right. Notfications now pop down on the screen rather than just staying in the status bar... I am SO upset with this update.. Makes me question why I went to Samsung.. The icons when you pull the status bar down are way to big and I agree dumb that its like a grey on grey. I'm just really annoyed by this update its the worst

Petition to bring back the old update needs to be set up

Its like they're trying to be apple

@usere0FTm2LFIM @Rydah