cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userUL9HfPr1YT
Constellation

Do you people know when would be the next software update for s9?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Update

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks for your inquiry. Once available, updates are released to Carriers and thereafter, it is at the Carriers discretion to release the update to customers. Since updates are released by Carriers in waves, we’re unable to determine when your device will receive an update. We appreciate your loyalty.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Comet

JUMP TO SOLUTION

As Samsung S9 is just a Year Old it'll get Monthly Security Update and as Samsung Usually does 2 year support or 2 major OS Update. It should also get Android Q. But it is hard to say the exact time when Samsung will Sends out the updates Monthly or Major OS Updates.

NBI

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button.

userGjSYcwhhB7
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have an S9  (SM960U).  According to IMEI check, it was originally a Sprint phone (now unlocked, working on Cricket Wiresless) , warranty beginning Sept 20, 2018.  There have been NO updates at all.  The last Security Patch was dated Sept 1, 2018. It is still on Android 8 (Pie).  I have tried every recommended workaround (manual update, PC Smart Switch, Wipe Cache, Factory Reset, etc).  All attempts return a "Software is the latest" message.  Very frustrating. Any thoughts?  I'm not sure where to go next. I love this phone, but I'm wondering if Samsung was the way to go.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks for your inquiry. Once available, updates are released to Carriers and thereafter, it is at the Carriers discretion to release the update to customers. Since updates are released by Carriers in waves, we’re unable to determine when your device will receive an update. We appreciate your loyalty.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

usersN4LGN05Ez
Constellation

Also try and have someone swap sim cards with you. My bro...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Also try and have someone swap sim cards with you. My brother has the s9 and was on the January security patch, he asked to swap sims and he had two system updates. Hope this helps.

userVL4yZlbDiw
Constellation

Re: Also try and have someone swap sim cards with you. My bro...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My samsung s9 always tells me I'm on the latest update each time I tried searching for update but it's on January update

Pls I need help 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userVL4yZlbDiw Have you tried updating your phone through the smart switch?

Berserkr78
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@SamsungQue I tried switching from my TMO sim card to a friend's ATT. Didn't work. I also tried Smart Switch, nothing happens. I called T-Mo, they point the blame on Samsung since I got an Unlocked S9+. I called Samsung, they send me to a Ubreakifix store, they can't do nothing about it.

This is a terrible experience where neither the devide manufacturer or the carrier are taking ownership on how to get to a solution.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I understand how frustrating it is! When Samsung receives updates from Google, they are modified for the Samsung devices and then sent to the service providers. The service providers then modify the updates for their services and push them to the customers in waves. If there are no updates available in Smart Switch, you will need to speak with your service provider.

PixlDstryr
Constellation

I just got a new update yesterday. I'm not really sure wh...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I just got a new update yesterday. I'm not really sure what the update included but when I charge it, there is a new charge animation that plays on the screen.