cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bdplayer81
Cosmic Ray

Updating Issue

My S9 installed a system update this morning and after it rebooted, the android "finishing system update" notification has been showing since it rebooted and has been stuck at about 1/6 of the way and is not finishing the udpate.   I've rebooted a couple times and tried clearing the cache partition.  Can't seem to get it moving.  Any ideas that can help finish the update?

8 REPLIES 8
userUpbyAW8ZqU
Constellation

Re: Updating Issue

I am experiencing the same issue. Additionally, I can no longer install apps after the update. Apps will download to 90 percent and freeze. 

bdplayer81
Cosmic Ray

I had been having that same issue before the update so I was hoping the update would solve it.  My apps will download to 99 or 100% and then never install unless I reboot my phone.  Additionally, I'm not getting push notifications from a lot of apps until I restart.  Very frustrating.

Leeson
Cosmic Ray

Maybe your storage is full

Highlighted
bdplayer81
Cosmic Ray

36.5 GB free for storage. I have done a factory reset.  I have cleared partition from the factory boot screen. I have removed my accounts and re-added them (google and samsung).  I can't think of anything else to try at this point. 

Leeson
Cosmic Ray

Can you try to do the update in safe mode

bdplayer81
Cosmic Ray

That, I didn't try. It looks like the update finished! It seems my apps are updating faster as well.  If my understanding is correct, safe mode turns off non-stock apps, so it would seem one of my downloaded apps is causing the problem. 

userbaE238T0Ce
Constellation

Clear your data and cache

Leeson
Cosmic Ray

Yes that's correct.