cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userX5ULpJnNxl
Constellation

Verizon will not honor black Friday deal

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I ordered a Samsung S9 on black Friday and the deal was $400 back when signing up for the Verizon payment plan.  It was cleary spelled out on Samsung site that I'd be getting a Monthly credit of $16.67 over the 24 mo, amounting to $400 total by the end.   Well, I got my letter from Verizon with a plan change and they are only giving me $8.33 a month- 1/2 of what the Samsung deal was suppoes to be.  Trying to contact anyone is extremely frustrating.  Verizon claims they have no idea of the deal since it was through Samsung.   I'll be returning it if this doesn't get worked out.  

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Verizon will not honor black Friday deal

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I would recommend speaking directly with our E-commerce team at 1-855-726-8721.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I would recommend speaking directly with our E-commerce team at 1-855-726-8721.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in original post

userUcY0lv7dDE
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I too have experienced this issue.  I spent countless hours over the last several months calling, emailing, and conductig online chats with both Verizon and Samsung.

I finally learned today why my promotion is not being applied correctly.

I ordered on 11/22/2018, but Verizon's computer system is showing that I ordered on 11/30/2018.  Samsung needs to contact Verizon to fix this.  I told Samsung this, and Samsung asked that I contact Verizon and ask for a letter stating they would not apply the promotion.

I tried asking Verizon for a letter, but no one over there seems to know how to do that.

This is the dumbest thing I have ever seen.  All it would take to resolve this is for Samsung to talk to Verizon.  Instead they keep making me do it.  Each time I contact Samsung I wait a week or more for their support team to investigate.

userUcY0lv7dDE
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

For anyone else that's in this boat, I would recommend filing a complaint with the Better Business Bureau:

https://www.bbb.org/consumer-complaints/file-a-complaint/get-started

Highlighted
Jwikoff
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This is what I had to do.  Repeated direct attempts with Verizon and Samsung got me nowhere.  BBB got it fixed within a couple days.

Jwikoff
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am having the same 1/2 credit issue.  I've talked to Samsung customer service after exhausting all effort I could make with Verizon.  Samsung says they forwarded it to Verizon, but Verizon is refusing to take any action.  What do I do?  Start a class-action?

Jwikoff
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

After posting  earlier this week, I then went to the BBB site and filed a complaint against Verizon.  Lo and behold today, my proper discount showed up!  I do not know if it was my BBB complaint or if Samsung's couple week old forwarding attempt that finally did the trick.

userAbRPp46AlC
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm in the same boat, only $8 of promotional credit where I was expecting $16. Have you had any luck? Verizon tells me I need to go to  a Verizon store. Such a waste of time.

usergx26UCEMv7
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I also have been facing this issue. Have been on the phone with samsung for over a week. They now (for ~ 1 week) recognize that the problem is at their end.. since yesterday they have been telling me it will take 3 business cycles to fix. Anyone else in the same boat?

userluhzUjeskA
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am in the same boat.  I logged into my Verzon account to see that I am on receiving $8.33 statement credit.  As others have said, Verizon says it is due to the date Samsung placed the order to Verizon.   I had to submit an email to Samsung as their E-commerce team couldn't do anything for me.  I am waiting to hear back.  Did you get this resolved?