cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
user4BUg7JMO8n
Asteroid

Visual Voicemail Problems Continue

JUMP TO SOLUTION

A few weeks ago I began receiving repeated error messages from the Visual Voicemail app, along with either no or greatly delayed notifications of a new voice mail, and new voice mails would only appear after choosing the "Refresh" option within the app. I have an S9+ unlocked phone purchased from Samsung, Verizon is my carrier, and use Visual Voicemail 11.2.21.0. 

I spent over an hour with Verizon Technical Support, with the rep taking over the phone via the Tech Coach app.  Many things were done, like clearing the cache, deleting all data, resetting every option available, yet the problems continue.  Following multiple Verizon contacts, the conclusion was the problem is with the Samsung app since it is not a Verizon app. I haven't seen any solutions posted, so any help from another S9 user or Samsung would be much appreciated. 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
user4BUg7JMO8n
Asteroid

Re: Visual Voicemail Problems Continue

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I MAY have found a fix...I changed one thing in my Settings, and so far it seems to be working.  

Settings: Apps:  Voicemail: Mobile Data, then turn on the settings for "Allow background data usage" and "Allow app when data saver is on".

I also changed another setting in the Voicemail app itself: click on the 3 dots at the upper right, select "Settings", then turn on the auto-save option.  This is probably an unrelated thing, but the Voicemail app is now working after multiple phone restarts.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Service providers are proprietary owners of the visual voicemail apps. This is software added by the carriers after it has left the manufacturer. You will need to continue with Verizon for support of this app.

user4BUg7JMO8n
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you.  As frustrating as it is, I will call Verizon back and see what they can do.  If there are other Verizon users out there who have had a similar issue, any suggestion would be appreciated. 

user4BUg7JMO8n
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I MAY have found a fix...I changed one thing in my Settings, and so far it seems to be working.  

Settings: Apps:  Voicemail: Mobile Data, then turn on the settings for "Allow background data usage" and "Allow app when data saver is on".

I also changed another setting in the Voicemail app itself: click on the 3 dots at the upper right, select "Settings", then turn on the auto-save option.  This is probably an unrelated thing, but the Voicemail app is now working after multiple phone restarts.

View solution in original post

userOdrDlFm10t
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The carrier's proprietary app won't work. The Samsung-installed app overrides all other voicemail apps and the Samsung app is the one that doesn't display voicemail messages that are in my inbox.

OneRcknMan
Asteroid

I've been having the same issues with my S10 on T-Mobile....

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I've been having the same issues with my S10 on T-Mobile. Tech support walked me through similar fixes but none have helped.

user4BUg7JMO8n
Asteroid

Re: I've been having the same issues with my S10 on T-Mobile....

JUMP TO SOLUTION

userXvrvMEBnld
Constellation

Re: I've been having the same issues with my S10 on T-Mobile....

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks! The first part worked for me!

Enorthcutt1985
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I've seen this issue a lot in people who are switching OS meaning going from Apple to Android or vs versa. You can not just switch your sim card over to another OS. Your service provider has to code your account correctly so it works. So if you have done this check your account is your device still showing as your old device. Call into your service provider and have them update your IMEI number and put the proper code on your account for you to receive voicemail. 

I've worked at AT&T for over 10 years and yes there is a definitive difference in the coding side of service between devices.. This can also happen if you are going from an unlocked device to a provider locked device. For instance a pixel to a Samsung.. 

ALSO THIS IS NOT SAMSUNGS FAULT NOR IS IT YOUR PROVIDER OR YOURS. This is something that I would have to say 90% of people don't know and sometimes this issue doesn't happen right away it usually happens after an update to one of the multiple systems that are invalved in just the use of a cell phone.