cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Samsung_IiPYtYu
Astronaut

Water

Can I take my s9 to the pool with me and not worry about consequences?

3 REPLIES 3
Comet

Yes,many people say they took it pool and was fine so may...

Yes,many people say they took it pool and was fine so maybe but you need to be careful it is only water resistant not totally WaterProof. But makes sure of how deep you take. Samsung Galaxy S9 has IP68 rating. With IP68, the S9/S9+ are resistant in fresh water to a maximum of depth of 1.5 metres for up to 30 minutes and are protected from dust--all without the need for extra cases or covers. For more info check this link:

https://www.samsung.com/nz/support/mobile-devices/is-samsung-galaxy-s9-s9plus-waterproof/

NBI

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button.

Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: Water

@Samsung_IiPYtYu  Your phone is IP68 rated but I wouldn't recommend taking your device in water that is being treated with chlorine or salt water since the chlorine and salt water can mess up the Water resistant seals in the phon

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please mark it as "Solved."

Note 9 User

Note 9 User on Verizon Wireless
Black_sheep
Astronaut

I'm no expert but I can tell you from experience. S9plus...

I'm no expert but I can tell you from experience. S9plus ,water main repair and my phone slipped out of my pocket hit the pipe and into the water it went.. rephrase that.. into the water and mud it went!!!! Well we scrambled to find it... and did.. took about 12 hours to get it dry .. every time I thought I had it dry and plugged changer in it tell me to unplug moisture detected. That was 3 weeks ago still working fine.