cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
varun2219
Asteroid

Weather widget for s9+

I cleared cache and data for the weather widget but it still is not showing multiple cities when I swipe.

11 REPLIES 11
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Weather widget for s9+

Have you checked for any updates to the widget?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

varun2219
Asteroid

Everything is up to date. Still can't figure out why it shows only 1 city. 

userqv4Itt3oM4
Cosmic Ray

Settings > Show on widget

varun2219
Asteroid

Checked all over settings but could not find that option..

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

@varun2219 Have you tried clearing the cache partition on your phone? Here are the steps. 

1. Turn off the device.
  2. Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby key, then press and hold the Power key.
  3. When the Android logo displays, release all three keys.
  4. An 'Installing system update' message will show for 30 - 60 seconds before the Android system recovery menu options appear.
  5. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
  6. Press Power key to select.
  7. Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Power key to select.
  8. When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
  9. Press the Power key to restart the device.
varun2219
Asteroid

@SamsungQue Just wiped the cache partition. It took less than 2 seconds. Once rebooted, it's still the same. The widget does not scroll. When I try to scroll, it just opens up the app drawer

Samsung Care Ambassador

Hey, 

@varun2219

Mine is working fine I just set it back up. I'm not sure if you're referring to the widget itself or the weather channel information page it loads when we tap the widget.

My 3 weather widgets only show my current location. No matter if I resize them or swipe on them in any direction. 

When I open the weather information page and swipe it shows all the locations I've added. I can also open the weather page, tap location, tap any of the locations I've added, and it loads their weather information. 

Everything works great but the widgets don't seem to do anything other than open the main app. 

Best regards, 

CLF 

T-mobile

Galaxy S9 SM-G960U 

G960USQS7CSK3

Security Patch Level

December 1st , 2019

varun2219
Asteroid

@CLF  hey. My concern is with the widget itself. Before the beat update, when u swipe up or down on the widget, it used to show multiple cities and their weather and times respectively. However, after the beta update, the weather widget has lost all ability to swipe to show different cities and their information. Wondering if this is a bug  or if the widget will remain like this henceforth.

Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

Hey, 

@varun2219

Really good questions I think. I'm on Android 9.0 and running the December 1st security patch. I'm seeing the exact same thing that you are. I turned off the vertical gestures for expanding the notification bar and opening the apps drawer while testing. The widgets swipe feature sounds pretty cool. I think we are both running the latest versions and they were removed with one of the recent monthly updates and also updated when you joined the android 10 beta program. I don't really know. 

Best regards, 

CLF