Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
userwcfsO5BBW4
Asteroid

Weird corner app pop up

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Screenshot_20190626-093042_Vault.jpg

Does anyone know what this is and how to  remove it?

It pops up if you kinda touch the very bottom corner of the screen on either side. It has an ad in center of it. I've been through my downloaded content and games trying to delete anything suspicious or weird, but it keeps happening. so, now I'm not sure if it's a samsung product or update. 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Weird corner app pop up

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you @userwcfsO5BBW4  for providing us the steps you completed and the screenshot, However.

This is a third party downloaded application causing this symptom. I would recommend checking your most recent downloaded applications first.

You can place your S9 into safe mode using this link below: http://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01001072/#reboot-the-phone-or-tablet-in-safe-mo...

If the corner ad doesn't appear, then you would need to continue to uninstall third-party applications until you find the one causing your issue.

Tip: The download itself from the store page will display if the application you have downloaded includes ads, That may help you narrow it down!

Keep us posted!

Hope this message finds you well!

^SamsungZell

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

9 REPLIES 9
userkEtuX9wuSA
Constellation

It looks like quick apps/edge apps...I have something sim...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It looks like quick apps/edge apps...I have something similar on the note 9....it can be disabled through settings.

userwcfsO5BBW4
Asteroid

Re: It looks like quick apps/edge apps...I have something sim...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Screenshot_20190626-144940_Samsung Internet.jpg

It's different than the samsung edge apps. 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Have you downloaded a third party application recently?

We would recommend testing your device in safe mode to determine if the symptoms persist, If they do then you would want to remove applications until you find the one that is causing your symptom.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

userwcfsO5BBW4
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

How do I put it in safe mode?

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you @userwcfsO5BBW4  for providing us the steps you completed and the screenshot, However.

This is a third party downloaded application causing this symptom. I would recommend checking your most recent downloaded applications first.

You can place your S9 into safe mode using this link below: http://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01001072/#reboot-the-phone-or-tablet-in-safe-mo...

If the corner ad doesn't appear, then you would need to continue to uninstall third-party applications until you find the one causing your issue.

Tip: The download itself from the store page will display if the application you have downloaded includes ads, That may help you narrow it down!

Keep us posted!

Hope this message finds you well!

^SamsungZell

userwcfsO5BBW4
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you. The corner app thing did not work in safe mode. I went to the google store and deleted more recently used apps and removed them from my uninstalled library as well. IDK which one it was, but it's gone now!

Thank you!

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

You are very welcome, Keep in mind that if you choose to redownload the ones that were not causing the issue. I would advise checking the side column of the application download page to see if the application contains ads, which is what was displayed on your screen!

Thanks for letting us know your concerns have been resolved.

sonic65101
Cosmic Ray

It's pre-installed bloatware called Flipboard Briefing. Y...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It's pre-installed bloatware called Flipboard Briefing. You should be able to uninstall or disable it through Settings.

userwcfsO5BBW4
Asteroid

Re: It's pre-installed bloatware called Flipboard Briefing. Y...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I've disabled and uninstalled flipboard, but it's still there