cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userP8v0Pia9Ow
Asteroid

Went from AT&T to Xfinity Mobile (GSM to CDMA), NO SERVICE! I'm in warranty, can I swap it out?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

If I'm under warranty, can I send in this S9 and get them to either flash it to Xfinity Firmware, or send me a phone that is loaded with Xfinity Firmware?  I have no service, but my wife bought the same model phone from Xfinity and has service in places where I dont have it.  Alternatively, how hard is it to flash the firmware?  Thanks!

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Went from AT&T to Xfinity Mobile (GSM to CDMA), NO SERVICE! I'm in warranty, can I swap it

JUMP TO SOLUTION

As your phone is a carrier device on a GSM network, you would be unable to use the phone on a CDMA network as they have different radios inside the devices.

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16
Honored Contributor

Re: Went from AT&T to Xfinity Mobile (GSM to CDMA), NO SERVICE! I'm in warranty, can I swap it

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userP8v0Pia9Ow wrote:

If I'm under warranty, can I send in this S9 and get them to either flash it to Xfinity Firmware, or send me a phone that is loaded with Xfinity Firmware?  I have no service, but my wife bought the same model phone from Xfinity and has service in places where I dont have it.  Alternatively, how hard is it to flash the firmware?  Thanks!

Flashing:

Search online for xda developer forum and then on top right, search for S9 and pick your model.  Once in S9 specific forum, scroll to "questions and answers" section.  There you can search for similar to yours post or create a new to ask your question there.

Could you send me your software info?

Go to settings>about phone>software information and take screenshot of the page, then scroll to the bottom and take another one

userP8v0Pia9Ow
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks!  Screenshot_20191007-134059_Settings.jpgScreenshot_20191007-134102_Settings.jpg

Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userP8v0Pia9Ow wrote:

Thanks!  Screenshot_20191007-134059_Settings.jpgScreenshot_20191007-134102_Settings.jpg

So you bought your phone from ATT.  Did you unlock it?

userP8v0Pia9Ow
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I did unlock it with their unlock code.  

Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userP8v0Pia9Ow wrote:

I did unlock it with their unlock code.  

Alright, lets try one more thing.  Download one app from play store: Phone Info(Samsung): https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.vndnguyen.phoneinfo

After launching the app, swipe left to "CSC code" tab and take screenshot of that screen

userP8v0Pia9Ow
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Screenshot_20191007-141043.jpg

Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userP8v0Pia9Ow wrote:

Screenshot_20191007-141043.jpg

Check if your carrier settings are good, go to: settings>connections>mobile networks and check settings there. Then go to access point names.  Make sure proper carrier is selected or you can even tap 3 dots on top right and do reset to defaults.

userP8v0Pia9Ow
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Screenshot_20191007-141743_Phone.jpgScreenshot_20191007-141747_Settings.jpg

I suppose this looks correct?

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you for that information. Can you please go to settings > about phone and give me the IMEI and model number in a private message: http://bit.ly/2JH2rq2