cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Where does Galaxy Music store album cover art

Where does Galaxy Music store album art thumbnails.

I have some albums with the wrong cover art. I was able to edit the files on PC so they now have the correct cover art but when I copy the edited files back to my phone it is still showing the old incorrect album art.

I tried deleting the albums from the phone. Then copying them back. 

I even tried force stopping Galaxy Music, deleting all of the data and the cache then restarting the phone. The old incorrect art is still showing again once the albums have been rescanned by Galaxy Music.

It is not the files. I have imported them to another phone and they show the correct new art.

My only assumption is that somewhere there is a cache of cover art that is linked to the album name. It looks like the cover art is not deleted when the Galaxy Music data is deleted.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Where does Galaxy Music store album cover art

Try clearing the cache and data for the app.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Where does Galaxy Music store album cover art

The answer here from SamsungAdam is not correct. This is only part of the solution. It will not fix the problem.

I found the complete solution and posted it here. I marked that as solved but for some reason my solution has not been displayed.

------------------------------------

As it stands this is NOT SOLVED.

------------------------------------