cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
user65vzsOA30L
Constellation

WiFi callingSamsung S9

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Okay newbe here after many years switched from IOS to Android so there is a learning curve, I have many questions. First is I can not find where to turn on WiFi calling. Everything I read sounds pretty staight forward but I can not find the switch on my phone - thanks

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
user65vzsOA30L
Constellation

Re: WiFi callingSamsung S9

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Okay thanks, learning that an unlocked phone does not have all the bennifits of a branded phone. Okay I saved $200 but will miss out on At&T specail features like wifi calling.

5 REPLIES 5
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I recommend reaching out to your carrier regarding Wifi calling.

user65vzsOA30L
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Okay thanks, learning that an unlocked phone does not have all the bennifits of a branded phone. Okay I saved $200 but will miss out on At&T specail features like wifi calling.

Highlighted
N7KZD
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We just got wifi calling on our Xfinity phones the carrier finally let us Samsung s9 plus users have the feature yesterday 

Comet

JUMP TO SOLUTION

And here thought I was the only one around here on Xfinity Mobile Smiley Very Happy

One thing puzzles me about setting this feature up, though. On my S9 and my wife's S8, I enabled the WiFi calling, entered the required emerency address, and set a preference to use WiFI rather than cellular data for calls when roaming. The main Settings screen shows Cellular Network Preferred regardless of what I select for the When Roaming option. Is this because I am not currently roaming, indicating a preference for local cellualr towers, or is my When Roaming setting not being recognized?

Incidentally, and for the benefit of anyone else new to setting up WiFi calling, I figured out the hard way that this really didn't work until after rebooting the phone.

Dan

Dan
Galaxy S9 SM-G960U on Xfinity Mobile + Gear S2 Classic
Rfd1
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

While I can't turn on wifi calling because the unlocked s9 has no software switch for it, I was able to get AT&T HD voice (volte) by calling AT&T customer service.   I wanted to set up AT&T wifi security and call protect which requires hd voice, so I called customer service and the rep entered an IMEI number from one of their AT&T branded phones and viola, it worked.  I'm pretty sure you can get wifi calling app on play store.