Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mr_Ramos
Constellation

Wifi latency issue after latest Galaxy S9 update

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I do not know if anyone else is experiencing this issue, so I'll explain:

I have the Galaxy S9+, purchased it on Thursday, 08/16/2018, and made sure it received all of it's software updates.

I updated my phone to the latest version, which I'm being showed is labeled:

Version: G965USQS3ARG8 / G965UOYN3ARG8 / G965USQS3ARG8

Size: 97.26 MB

Security Patch Level: August 1, 2018

------------------------------------------

Ever since that update, I have to keep sync turned off at all times when my phone is connect to wifi, because it makes the latency spike tremendously.

However, before that stated update, I have no experienced any wifi latency issues with sync turned on.

For example, I've used a computer and a game console to test this out.

When my phone is on wifi and sync is turned off, the average ping is between 70-80.

When I have sync turned on, the ping shoots up to 500 and even goes over 1200.

So I wanted to post this to see if this issue has anything to do with the latest update, or perhaps maybe just my specific phone happens to be defective.  I'm not sure, but if anyone has any insight on this, it would be greatly appreciated.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Wifi latency issue after latest Galaxy S9 update

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello @Mr_Ramos, Give this a shot; 

Settings>Apps>Click on the three dots at the top right corner>Show system Apps>Device Maintenance>Storage> Clear Cache/Data

Settings>Apps>Click on the three dots at the top right corner>Show system Apps>Phone (All 3)>Storage> Clear Cache/Data

Settings>Apps>Click on the three dots at the top right corner>Show system Apps>Wifi Direct>Storage> Clear Cache/Data

Settings>Apps>Click on the three dots at the top right corner>Show system Apps>Secure Wifi>Storage> Clear Cache/Data *(Only Clear Cache if you are using a secured wifi network)* Please reset your device once these steps are completed. Let me know if this is helpful. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello @Mr_Ramos, Give this a shot; 

Settings>Apps>Click on the three dots at the top right corner>Show system Apps>Device Maintenance>Storage> Clear Cache/Data

Settings>Apps>Click on the three dots at the top right corner>Show system Apps>Phone (All 3)>Storage> Clear Cache/Data

Settings>Apps>Click on the three dots at the top right corner>Show system Apps>Wifi Direct>Storage> Clear Cache/Data

Settings>Apps>Click on the three dots at the top right corner>Show system Apps>Secure Wifi>Storage> Clear Cache/Data *(Only Clear Cache if you are using a secured wifi network)* Please reset your device once these steps are completed. Let me know if this is helpful. 

View solution in original post

Mr_Ramos
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Thank you very much! This solution worked like a charm.

I took a picture of this reply so I can have it saved into my phone just in case I have this issue again in the future.

Thank you very much for taking the time to reply and assist me with the issue. :-)

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@Mr_Ramos So glad this resolved your issue! If you have a moment, let us know about your Community experience with us by completing this survey: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/FGWFDCD?casenum=25356345 Please be sure to reference this ticket number in your response (#25356345)