cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Yellowish tint on S9+ screen ?

JUMP TO SOLUTION
This helped me tremendously. Simple fix for simple problem.
Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Using method 2, I didn't find the "Night Light" feature in the list. Is It close to wich features?

@userUhLI8DLppH wrote:

@user5Mi4Km5AT  @BLU-BERRY-PIE You guys should try the solution given here.

There seems to be an issue with the Android Oreo's Night Light feature and the Samsung's Blue Light filter. A bug, I think. But once you disable the hidden-on-Samsung-devices Night Light feature, the display won't be Yellow-ish anymore. It will turn yellow-ish only when you switch on Blue Light filter.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I had turned the night light mode on ON google ebooks. Fixed the problem once I turned it off. 

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I was having the same problem and after experimenting I found that if you go to setting and turn on the blue light filter and turn the opacity all the way up and then turn it back off it should fix the problem

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same problem here. I refuse to run a launcher to bypass the issue. We need an update. I tried wiping  cache and factory reset. Safe mode, went and uninstalled a few apps just to give it a try, with no luck. $1000 for yellow?? 4k Amoled is what we should have...

Highlighted
Supernova

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@ModestExcuse: Can you attach a photo of the symptoms you are experiencing? 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I tried to reset my setting ot worked for a bit but when I turned my phone off it happened again 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It is most likely the pre-installed app, Google Play Books. You can disable the "yellowish tint", or Night Light on Google Play books. 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

That is just the white balance moving to a warmer tone compared to adaptative.  Technically its closer to a professionally calibrated white point than adaptive.  It will look more yellowish if you your eyes are adjusted to adaptive.  Thats just your brain calibrating what it perceives white to be.  But I also notice its warmer and "greener" than my s8+, but i don't know of the red and green pixels fading faster than the blue (but I think its blue thats supposed to fade faster.)

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

No, I have the same prob with my Note 9. Only a factory-reset had helped but it seems to go back like a bug or something after a couple of weeks.  Just did it to me again this morning after it perfect for two weeks.