Asteroid

Re: Yellowish tint on S9+ screen ?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm pretty sure it was something in the Google Ebooks night light settings  

userpiXnLldUM3
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Your right. I installed Google ebook app and allowed night light. Next morning screen was still yellow.  I uninstalled it and reinstalled it. I selected one of my book. Night light window appeared. Instead of selecting the allow button, I hit the settings button instead. I entered the settings area and disabled the night light.  Phone went from yellow to normal instantly. 

user9ilXob7VaB
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you community.  This issue has been driving me nuts for several days as well but I can confirm that this fix to disable the "Night Light" setting in the google ebook works 101%.  You can find it by clicking on the "Aa" and then the "Night Light" option will be displayed.  Relief then ensues. 

No need to do everything "automatically" for me.  I can turn on the "Blue Light Filter" just fine by myself.

userZ2c0xdeUxt
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks Man

user6QXg9yGFcM
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you!!!!!  I've had this problem for over 6 months now and just started Googling how to get the yellow tint removed as I thought it had to do with the Blue Light Filter from the phone.  It was actually the Google Ebook "Night Light" setting that was the problem! 

Highlighted
user9KptE2a14y
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

THANK YOU. I had to download the dang app to do it!

usernQGSkhDTiN
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Do this. Go to play books. Open a book. Then it should prompt you night mode. Hit settings. Disable it. Forever. That will return your screen to full color accuracy and bye blue light. This was driving me crazy on my S9+

userbxtOPX9h4R
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

THIS TOTALLY HELPED ME!!!  THANK YOU!!!

userUrRrWHEdbk
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

When I downloaded Google books it asked me if I wanted night mode. I hit allow and instantly realized it was a mistake. Now all of the night modes were off in the settings but it seems is being controlled some where else look the phone. Does Google have settings for this that I just can't find? 

userUrRrWHEdbk
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I downloaded Google Books. It asked me if I wanted to do night mode and I said yes and I knew immediately it was a mistake. I've turned all the blue light filters off in the settings of the phone. But I'm getting the impression that Google has some sort of settings that need to be turned off. Has anyone had this problem related to Google Books?