cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BLU-BERRY-PIE
Cosmic Ray

Yellowish tint on S9+ screen ?

I was hoping someone can respond after looking at this option on their own s9/s9+,

Under the Display settings > Screen Mode,

Does your screen turn to a yellowish tint if selecting Amoled Cinema, Amoled Photo, and Basic?

I noticed those 3 options turn white screens to look yellow. The only option that looks a little better is the Adaptive Display option for me. 

61 REPLIES 61
user5Mi4Km5ATl
Constellation

Re: Yellowish tint on S9+ screen ?

PLEASE..... Somebody help im having the same problem  my blue light is not on and this yellow tint is driving me crazy i just brought my phone yesterday :-(

THE GEEK 19
Asteroid

Do you have a screen protector on? It could be the screen protector. If not, then I'd try adjusting the RGB balance in settings. If that doesn't work, take it back to where you bought it from and have them take a look at it. If it's from T-Mobile, theyll usually send you a new one for 5 bucks and take back the defective one. 

BLU-BERRY-PIE
Cosmic Ray

I did have a screen protector but had removed it just to check if that was the culprit. Unfortunately, it was not.

I did some research online and found the s8 had some tint problems and also found a video by unboxed therapy that validates that the galaxy series phones will not have the same screens. They may all vary in tint coloring due to the manufacturing process. They had reviewed multiple S8 screens but the same process is logical to apply to the S9 series.

I also stopped by a samsung store to compare my phone with the model and funny enough that phone was yellower than mine, only in the adaptive mode though. But in the amoled cinema and photo display settings, my phone turns extremley yellow which really bothers me. 

I hate to sound like im obsessing over the screen here but i have validated for myself there is an issue with tinting for the S9s. Its no coincedence mine and the store model suffered same saturation issues and that the S8 last year had a red tinting problem. 

Samsung should dedicate an update or Properly manufacturer their phones to begin with.

I had already messed with the RGB display settings and sadly, it actually makes no difference to the yellowing tint.

The Amoled screens are the biggest reason to get a Galaxy phone and i think if people are going to put $910 down like i did for a brand new phone, there shouldnt be any display issues especially a yellow tint to the screen.

I decided to keep my phone instead of returning it. I had already returned my 1st S9 due to choppy calls and bad connections that was confirmed by my carrier. Best buy gave me a hard time about that return and i paid a restocking fee for a phone that had a defect. I do not want to go through another hassle, so im going to suck up this yellow mess and just get over it i guess.

userBalIgAQPBX
Astronaut

turn night light off on google play books

userEXAceN08Ln
Asteroid

Thanks!

userUhLI8DLppH
Asteroid

@user5Mi4Km5AT  @BLU-BERRY-PIE You guys should try the solution given here.

There seems to be an issue with the Android Oreo's Night Light feature and the Samsung's Blue Light filter. A bug, I think. But once you disable the hidden-on-Samsung-devices Night Light feature, the display won't be Yellow-ish anymore. It will turn yellow-ish only when you switch on Blue Light filter.

useroNEDArIK62
Constellation

@userUhLI8DLppH

Yes i have the same problem too with my galaxy s9+ . while my screen is yellow i turn on the bluelightfilter then off my screen became white but after some hours it again be yellow -_- i have to turn on off blue light filter some times in a day .

userUhLI8DLppH
Asteroid

@useroNEDArIK62 did you try the solution given above?
useroNEDArIK62
Constellation

@userUhLI8DLppH

no i did not. now i just turn on off the bluelight filter to fix problem till samsung give a update .