cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
usermzqF85g0jh
Constellation

Re: Yellowish tint on S9+ screen ?

Same problem here. I refuse to run a launcher to bypass the issue. We need an update. I tried wiping  cache and factory reset. Safe mode, went and uninstalled a few apps just to give it a try, with no luck. $1000 for yellow?? 4k Amoled is what we should have...

Supernova

@usermzqF85g0jh: Can you attach a photo of the symptoms you are experiencing? 

userSaNMfQdHsk
Constellation

I tried to reset my setting ot worked for a bit but when I turned my phone off it happened again 

userRJuwijoPca
Constellation

That is just the white balance moving to a warmer tone compared to adaptative.  Technically its closer to a professionally calibrated white point than adaptive.  It will look more yellowish if you your eyes are adjusted to adaptive.  Thats just your brain calibrating what it perceives white to be.  But I also notice its warmer and "greener" than my s8+, but i don't know of the red and green pixels fading faster than the blue (but I think its blue thats supposed to fade faster.)

userb1W7ieL94k
Asteroid

No, I have the same prob with my Note 9. Only a factory-reset had helped but it seems to go back like a bug or something after a couple of weeks.  Just did it to me again this morning after it perfect for two weeks.

userDfTl08wmEP
Constellation

I had this problem and it was due to the Samsung book reader app turning on it's own blue light filter. Made my screen post yellow. Uninstalled it and restarted my phone and all is well.

useroNEDArIK62
Constellation

@SamsungArthur
@SamsungMichelle@BLU-BERRY-PIE
@userUhLI8DLppH
@user5Mi4Km5ATl

Hi to all .

I just find a way but Samsung must give an update to this problem.

1.Put Resolation On WQHD+ ( For Better Performance ).
2.Open Screen Mode And Tick The Adaptive Display.
3.On Below Bar Make It 1 Back Toward Cool.
4.Open Adavnced Option And Make The Red And Green Color At Minimum At The Sametime With 2 Fingers.
5.Now Back To Display Menu And Turn On BlueLight Filter For 5 Seconds Then Make It Off . Now Your Screen Is Whiter Than Before But I Have Galaxy S8 And Its White Without This Tricks Cause This Is A Bug From Blue Light Filter And Color Balance Of Samsung.

You Screen Will Be Yellowish Again Over Time In Day , For Fixing This Just Turn On And Off BlueLight Filter.

We Hope Samsung Fix This Problem With An Update Soon.

Screen Shots :

http://uupload.ir/files/138i_photo_2018-04-11_11-38-12.jpg
http://uupload.ir/files/3tj2_photo_2018-04-11_11-38-15.jpg

@useroNEDArIK62 That is helpful to know. If anyone tries those steps and it isn't working, I would suggest trying out safe mode. That would help rule out a 3rd party app causing the issue at least.

useroNEDArIK62
Constellation

@SamsungArthur

What is safe mode ? how to do it ?

@useroNEDArIK62 One way to get into safe mode would be to turn off your phone and then turn it back on while holding both the power button and the volume down button. Once the Samsung logo appears, let go of the power button and keep holding the volume down button until your device finishes booting. You know you are there when you see "Safe Mode" in the lower left corner. This disables any 3rd party apps and lets you make sure there is not an app causing the problem.

If you have Bixby set up you can also say "Put my phone in safe mode" and Bixby will take care of it for you.