cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
usernQGSkhDTiN
Constellation

Re: Yellowish tint on S9+ screen ?

Do this. Go to play books. Open a book. Then it should prompt you night mode. Hit settings. Disable it. Forever. That will return your screen to full color accuracy and bye blue light. This was driving me crazy on my S9+

userbxtOPX9h4R
Astronaut

THIS TOTALLY HELPED ME!!!  THANK YOU!!!

userUrRrWHEdbk
Constellation

When I downloaded Google books it asked me if I wanted night mode. I hit allow and instantly realized it was a mistake. Now all of the night modes were off in the settings but it seems is being controlled some where else look the phone. Does Google have settings for this that I just can't find? 

userUrRrWHEdbk
Constellation

I downloaded Google Books. It asked me if I wanted to do night mode and I said yes and I knew immediately it was a mistake. I've turned all the blue light filters off in the settings of the phone. But I'm getting the impression that Google has some sort of settings that need to be turned off. Has anyone had this problem related to Google Books?

@userUrRrWHEdbk Have you checked in the Google Books app, or tried contacting Google support to see if they know how to turn this feature off? 

userF9qqOqKDZn
Constellation

I had the very same problem, only thing is, I have no idea how to switch the night light off! Could you please advise? Thank you in advance!

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

@userF9qqOqKDZn just double checking, does your screen have a blueish tint to it?

userF9qqOqKDZn
Constellation

Hi @SamsungAl, it didn't have a blue-ish tinge as you mentioned in your query and I'm glad to annouce that I found the source to my problem; I had just bought a book through the Google Play store and when I opened it to read it, a pop up mentioning the night light feature or something to that effect (I can't remember, I was too preoccupied with something at the time). I've since been able to find the setting on Play Books and turned off the setting. It's a little bit of a weird one because what I thought originally was a setting for reading books ended up affecting the whole phone. It's sorted out now, so there's no more need to delve deeper. Thank you for your fast response!

Red Giant

if u keep the screen mode to adaptive display and no blue light filter on, then there shouldn't be yellowish tint

useroNEDArIK62
Constellation

@userbcMKA9DSlI

its yellowish on adaptive display . problem is relate to bluelight filter and bad color balance

refer here :

https://www.theandroidsoul.com/samsung-galaxy-oreo-update-yellow-display-tint-problem-fix/