Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userCw5lJ03fWk
Constellation

Re: Yellowish tint on S9+ screen ?

useruQhxwgI0ez
Astronaut

Try turning off the blue light feature in the settings. It worked for me.

usercCjfkbPQxJ
Constellation

I pre-ordered and got the normal S9 a day before release, I've been having this issue ever since I bought the phone, it doesn't matter if blue light filter is on or off, the phone will still turn yellow after 7 pm. If you turn on Blue Light filter while the screen is yellow it will turn even more yellow, the only way to get it to stop is to restart the phone, I reported the issue to Samsung already but it doesn't seem like anyone is getting back to me about it.

userEXAceN08Ln
Asteroid

I somehow triggered the blue light setting after downloading an Ebook and enabling the feature for a better reading experience and now seem to be stuck in a blue light nightmare. It won't come off even after a settings reset!  Anyone hear about an update, bug or fix? I'd feel silly if it were a simple settings toggle but I can't imagine what since blue light isn't enabled.

useruKsoDuAYma
Astronaut

Download a free book on google play. Then open ebook, click on the book to read it will give you and option for night light don't click ok go to setting then turn off night light, then turn off night light activation. I have been having this problem and it just worked.

userndjCaGFYfH
Astronaut

This worked for me also. Installed playbook, bought a free book and turned off the night light and my phone is bluish than ever, I actually needed to turn the blue light filter on a little. Smiley Happy)

user5Bzim9nGhe
Astronaut

Same for me, installed the Ebook and selected a trial, as I have zero interest in reading books on my phone, then it asked me about the Night Light Mode.
But why did it turn it on in the first place is what I don't get, I haven't installed or played with any apps, the only thing I did was to set the alarm on for this morning. I did notice the amber tint last night but it was too late to mess with the phone.
So something triggers a setting, but there is no way to reset it other than doing a silly procedure, what a letdown!
userEXAceN08Ln
Asteroid

I do think it's a bug within the blue light filter settings. Did you select blue light filter either by checking it or in some app, selecting the blue light filter option setting such as a reading mode for an Ebook? If so, like me, you may have triggered this and I did a settings reset. Didn't solve the issue right away but after wiping cache partition twice and multiple powering phone on and off, it resolved itself.

user3FMPgkdR0j
Constellation

That was happening to my moms phone I played around with the settings and finally gave up, turned off the phone and bravo problem solved.

userArztOicvst
Constellation

I had the same issue. I figured out it was my books (reading) app night time mode. Go into your reading app and change the settings there. Yellow/ orange tint should disappear immediately.