cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userfi6JOJ9kuX
Constellation

advanced messaging not working after latest update on S9

Has anyone had any issues after the latest update to the S9 that has affected the features of advanced messages? I can no longer see the bubbles when people are typing to me in texts like before and also the "delivered" word has disappeared from the time next to the text when it was sent.? I have tried all trouble shooting steps from Verizon and Samsung experts but nothing has worked? 

4 REPLIES 4
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: advanced messaging not working after latest update on S9

Hey there!

I would recommend reaching out to your current service provider regarding this.

Dweathers
Asteroid

Same happened to me. After Pie 9 update, no read or delivery receipt, no dots when person is typing msg on reply and no blue dot beside contacts when they have been active on phone. I DON'T LIKE THIS AT ALL! 

userLBLFVsipyE
Constellation

My service provider is at&t. They went above and beyond sending me a new phone.  Same issues.  I talked with a tech from Samsung last week and he concluded it was a software problem and that the new update didn't have advanced messaging. 

Highlighted
Dweathers
Asteroid

Glad yours was resolved. I have 3 Samsung phones on my at&t account and since the update, none of them have the read, delivered receipts and no typing bubble. So this makes me think it did have something to do with the update. Because until update, all phones worked perfectly. It was suggested to reset my connection networks and I did that and it had no affect, so still hoping to find a fix for this. 😊