cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userfi6JOJ9kuX
Constellation

advanced messaging not working after latest update on S9

Has anyone had any issues after the latest update to the S9 that has affected the features of advanced messages? I can no longer see the bubbles when people are typing to me in texts like before and also the "delivered" word has disappeared from the time next to the text when it was sent.? I have tried all trouble shooting steps from Verizon and Samsung experts but nothing has worked? 

10 REPLIES 10
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: advanced messaging not working after latest update on S9

Hey there!

I would recommend reaching out to your current service provider regarding this.

Dweathers
Asteroid

Same happened to me. After Pie 9 update, no read or delivery receipt, no dots when person is typing msg on reply and no blue dot beside contacts when they have been active on phone. I DON'T LIKE THIS AT ALL! 

userLBLFVsipyE
Constellation

My service provider is at&t. They went above and beyond sending me a new phone.  Same issues.  I talked with a tech from Samsung last week and he concluded it was a software problem and that the new update didn't have advanced messaging. 

Dweathers
Asteroid

Glad yours was resolved. I have 3 Samsung phones on my at&t account and since the update, none of them have the read, delivered receipts and no typing bubble. So this makes me think it did have something to do with the update. Because until update, all phones worked perfectly. It was suggested to reset my connection networks and I did that and it had no affect, so still hoping to find a fix for this. 😊

usernS1Ro6wqGL
Constellation

I'm having the same issue and when I text it says " cant connect to server "never happened until I updated phone today. The irritating thing is that it started with the update saying that it would show delivery receipts and when texts are being replied to.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Advanced messaging is a feature provided by your service provider. Send and receiving messages depends on the ability to reach the server, which would also be managed by your service provider. Please contact them for additional assistance.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Yes, I noticed the same issue after a software update a week ago.I contacted my mobile provider and they attempted to fix the issue,  unsuccessful. I contacted Samsung after reading about the same issue with other customers. Samsung said that they will look in to it. I am disappointed about the issue. 

userOIQvGKHJ5y
Astronaut

Same with me.  Smiley Sad  I just spent 20 minutes on the phone with AT&T and another 40 on the phone with Samsung.  The update wiped out the advanced messagine features of the ability to tell when a message was delivered, read, and someone was answering back.  Grrrr.  I know those are not absolutely necessary, but they sure were nice.   I have turned off my auto updates.  I am going to decline any other updates for fear another feature will be lost.  

userYNCNqgAYCp
Constellation

How do you decline future updates? I have the S9 and my boyfriend has the S9+. If we put off the update for too long the phone just updates without warning or permission. Exactly why we are going back to iPhone. We shouldn't have to deal with forced updates at inconvenient times that break features we enjoy on a phone. First time trying Samsung in a decade and I'm so disappointed, I'll never return