cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userBS63QsPuCt
Constellation

battery deterioration after update

I updated my galaxy s9 2 days ago so that I would have the latest software version. My phone used to last my whole workday but yesterday my phone died about 3 hours in the workday, so I just thought I had charged it wrong. That night I looked at ways to optimize my battery and went to sleep. When I woke up today my phone had 100% and again about 3 hours in my workday my phone died. I know it's the update since I haven't downloaded anything for about a week, and until 2 days ago my phone worked fine. The exact same thing happened to my family, if this is some messed up business strategy by Samsung to tank your phone's battery after 2 years of use then I'm never buying a Samsung phone ever again, but there is a chance that the update was bad. If you can relate, please respond, and If you know how to fix this then please tell us, because if I can't use my phone for the next week then I'm buying a new one.

2 REPLIES 2
WoofahRayet
Constellation

Re: battery deterioration after update

After downloading the update on my S9+, I've noticed the battery life is horrid now as well. After leaving home to go visit my dad, its barely lasted me the trip. I'm lucky to be getting home by the bus on time to charge my phone.

Samsung_wueEiII
Astronaut

Re: battery deterioration after update

Contact Samsung Support on Twitter. They respond to messages promptly 24/7.