cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userMg2S0luWpA
Constellation

bluetooth connects with car for audio but not phone calls

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have a kenwood DDX5 series car audio system. I connect my S9 phone to it via bluetooth. I can no longer have phone calls come up on the radio. it used to work fine, but now it doesn't. now, if I go to the phone's bluetooth settings for the DDX5 and slide the "calls" slider to "on", it just slides back to "off." Audio playback of files or streams works without difficulty.

anyone have a solution for this?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: bluetooth connects with car for audio but not phone calls

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userMg2S0luWpA Hey, I'm not sure if you're still having this issue and just in case there is anyone else experiencing this, here is some additional information that I have figured out.

It's 100% a head unit issue but I have found some work-arounds.

1. If your device is only connecting as a headset and not multimedia, forget the pairing on the phone and go to Settings>System>Paired Devices on the head unit and remove the pairing there as well.

- Then navigate to Bluetooth source on the head unit and let it do it's "Connecting" and get to "No Device"

- Then scan on your phone and you should see the head unit show up as a multimedia connection.

- Select the head unit on your phone and do the pairing process whenever the head unit and phone prompt for it.

2. Once you have it paired as a multimedia device, you'll notice that when you go to the settings on the phone, it will allow you to select Audio but it will turn off.

-On the head unit, change the source to Tuner or CD (something other than Bluetooth)

-Then change the source to Bluetooth on the head unit and then on your phone, go to the Bluetooth settings and then the head unit settings and turn Audio on.

-It should turn on and stay on.

This has consistently worked for me but it did take a while to figure it out. Let me know if this helps.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I've had a similar issue with my Kenwood head unit that is pretty much the same without the CD/DVD slot. After a good bit of troubleshooting, I've realized that it is some kind of A2DP issue with the head unit itself. I have a different Kenwood head unit that works flawlessly.

I haven't quite figured out the issue but after some troubleshooting, I do get it to work most of the time.

1. Check for available updates for the head unit on Kenwood's website.

2. Forget the pairing between the devices on the phone as well as the head unit.

3. Restart devices.

4. Re-pair devices.

I have found that if I have media playing on the phone while connecting to the head unit, the head unit will connect in headset only mode.

I have also had some variation in connectivity if the head unit is using the tuner versus being in Bluetooth mode.

Unfortunately, I have not found a real solution to the problem but it is not a phone issue.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userMg2S0luWpA Hey, I'm not sure if you're still having this issue and just in case there is anyone else experiencing this, here is some additional information that I have figured out.

It's 100% a head unit issue but I have found some work-arounds.

1. If your device is only connecting as a headset and not multimedia, forget the pairing on the phone and go to Settings>System>Paired Devices on the head unit and remove the pairing there as well.

- Then navigate to Bluetooth source on the head unit and let it do it's "Connecting" and get to "No Device"

- Then scan on your phone and you should see the head unit show up as a multimedia connection.

- Select the head unit on your phone and do the pairing process whenever the head unit and phone prompt for it.

2. Once you have it paired as a multimedia device, you'll notice that when you go to the settings on the phone, it will allow you to select Audio but it will turn off.

-On the head unit, change the source to Tuner or CD (something other than Bluetooth)

-Then change the source to Bluetooth on the head unit and then on your phone, go to the Bluetooth settings and then the head unit settings and turn Audio on.

-It should turn on and stay on.

This has consistently worked for me but it did take a while to figure it out. Let me know if this helps.

View solution in original post