cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: can't install app. app not optimized for use with secure folder

Pretty sure its either an AT&T bug in their newest security update because everyone else that has this problem is on AT&T. It's either that or it is a virus, download Malwarebytes and get the free trial, (it wont charge you when it ends), and do a full scan. If there is a virus then delete it on malwarebytes and if it ever comes back then back up your device and do a factory reset. But I would expect for most people that it is an AT&T problem.

Highlighted
Asteroid

Why do they need my IMEI?  It's an issue with several people, why can't they reply with a solution or an answer here in this post?

Highlighted
Astronaut

Getting the same thing here. So annoying. Samsung Note 9, also have AT&T.

Highlighted
Constellation

Having the same issue on my s9. I'm At&t customer as well. Any patch available for this yet? Didn't see anybody from Samsung acknowledged it here.

Highlighted
Asteroid

They messaged me asking for specs of my phone and firmware version, I'm sure they are aware of the issue by now.

Highlighted
Constellation

I went in and uninstalled my secure fold, so far I have not received the message @usernMqhdVDpu4 @userUFcL3DMEvs 

Highlighted
Constellation

App not optimized for secure folder

I see out there that lots of folks across multiple devices, mostly ATT customers, have recently been getting a random message (little grey oval) that reads "Can't install app. Not optimized for secure folder" or something very close to that. What's going on and how do we make it stop. I'm on a fully updated S9 with ATT.

Highlighted
Constellation

Re: App not optimized for secure folder

I pulled down from the top notification bar and turned off secure folder and it seems to be working fine now.  No more pop ups

Constellation

I am also having this issue on my AT&T S9. I force stopped and cleared the cache of most apps, rebooted, nothing I've done fixes it. Started after the latest security update, must be a bug in the patch. I'm really surprised to see no comments from Samsung on this yet.

Highlighted
Constellation

I deleted my secure fold folder and disable it...haven't had the message again.