cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

cant receive or send group text messages after android 10 update

My phone(model sm-g960u) was working perfectly until I updated to Android 10. I can't receive or send group text messages on samsung messages app. I thought maybe there was a problem with the app so I installed google messages app but same problem.  I'm able to receive individual text messages.  But I notice that when I turn on my data I will start receiving my group text messages, but not all of them.  Some of them come delayed many hours later.  My current service is with Tello.  Previously was with Sprint, where I bought my phone.  Never had this problem and pay monthly phone service and should have everything working.  I can't have my data on at all times because of 2 reasons.  First, keeping data on drains the battery rather quickly.  Two, my data service has a monthly limit and if I keep data on all day to be able to receive my texts I will reach the limit.  Please look into this matter.  It's urgent that this gets resolved.  I'm disabled and have a limited income and can't afford to throw away money on a phone service that isn't working as it should.  The ability to receive and send text messages is essential to my daily living and this is not fair.

I hope to hear from you soon.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: cant receive or send group text messages after android 10 update

Have you reached out to your carrier for assistance with this carrier feature?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

Re: cant receive or send group text messages after android 10 update

This is ridiculous.. phones are supposed to advance in technology...not revert back!?!? I used to be able to send group messages to any # of people but after this last update it limits it. Doesnt make any sense! Hopefully Samsung can fix this issue because if not...I'll be forced to get an apple next time and I've been a faithful Samsung buyer for years! But this issue is very annoying and interrupts my daily use alot! I had to download an additional messaging app but it doesn't download half of my MMS so it's not really helping either! Please fix this Samsung!