cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Levans021205
Asteroid

couldnt connect to server

after a security update i received on 10/19/19, i continue to get an error that shows couldnt connect to server after sending a text message.  i have wiped my cache and also reset all my network connections.  while my phone still works, this message is rather annoying.  anybody have any other things to try to stop this message from popping up

13 REPLIES 13
Areohbewhyan
Constellation

Re: couldnt connect to server

Having the same issue! Tried every position found online. Wondering if anyone found a fix. 

Levans021205
Asteroid

i found a fix, but if you have a wearable connected, then it wont work.  if you turn off the messase back up and sync option under message settings, this will stop that connection to server error

userdpc5ObHdIh
Constellation

Where the heck is that on my S8???

Honored Contributor

@Levans021205 wrote:

after a security update i received on 10/19/19, i continue to get an error that shows couldnt connect to server after sending a text message.  i have wiped my cache and also reset all my network connections.  while my phone still works, this message is rather annoying.  anybody have any other things to try to stop this message from popping up

@Levans021205 

One person from another post mentioned this "I went to message settings and stopped backing up to the cloud and the popup has stopped."

Areohbewhyan
Constellation

Yes!!! That fixed it!! Thank you. It was driving me crazy! 

@Charkatak wrote:

@Levans021205 wrote:

@Levans021205 

One person from another post mentioned this "I went to message settings and stopped backing up to the cloud and the popup has stopped."

Levans021205
Asteroid

This works as long as you don't have a watch connected. Unfortunately I do so I had to turn it back on

@Charkatak wrote:

@Levans021205 wrote:

@Levans021205 

Magik88
Astronaut

Try turning your wifi on and off it worked for me found the solution on Google

Samsung_UrcyjLL
Astronaut

Media error

Levans021205
Asteroid

How do you fix this?