cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userc1X7QqJcNC
Constellation

deleted message popup category

I'm trying to figure out why my messages don't popup and I noticed in my settings that it says "category deleted" and when I click on In-app notification settings it says the category was preview new messages.  How do I get this back?

2 REPLIES 2
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: deleted message popup category

Have you tried resetting your Settings?

1. From a Home screen, swipe up or down from the center of the display to access the apps screen. ...
  2. Navigate: Settings > General management > Reset.
  3. Tap Reset settings.
  4. Review the info then tap Reset. ...
  5. To confirm, review the info then tap Reset.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: deleted message popup category

Hey, 

@userc1X7QqJcNC

Follow @SamsungRei suggestion first that should reset it to the default settings. 

In the Samsung messages app settings/ notifications. When we tap on in app notification settings it opens a new page with the option to turn on or off preview new messages. The deleted category is usually related to a conversation that was set up for a custom notifications tone. If we delete that conversation then it marks it as a deleted category. Turn on preview new messages and make sure that the messages app default notification style is set to sound and pop-up. 

Best regards, 

CLF